Chapter Thirty-One: Fire And Rain Part II

"I'm sorry too, John," I cried back, not even looking back at him. "I really wish this could've worked out."

Was this whole relationship really worth nothing? To him it was, and I was yet to decide.

"Well it would've if you didn't just fuck everything up like that!" He all of a sudden shouted. My body froze, not a bone in my body could move. I took a deep breath, trying not to let my emotions get the best of me as I suddenly had gotten so upset over one human being. I hated him.

Why was he doing this? Was he enjoying this?

"How could you possibly say that, John?" I asked, my mind and body quickly becoming heated as I stood there with my hand over my forehead, still in complete shock and disbelief that those words would intentionally come out of his mouth. I had so much on my plate at the moment, and an argument didn't do anything to help any of it.
I've had enough.

"Do you realize what you've put me through the past few months? I've been fucking miserable, Katy!" He shouted, slamming his glass mug down on the table, making it shatter in pieces. I gulped hard, my anger only getting more and more intense as he stared at me with his dull, brown eyes. The eyes that I thought I had fallen in love with just a few months ago.

Yet I said absolutely nothing; there wasn't a reason too. He practically raged in front of my eyes, continuing to yell so loudly it eventually became inaudible to me. I've never seen him like this, ever, and it almost scared me. All this anger bottled up inside me yet I wasn't strong enough to lash out, and I never will be able to... Because I'm weak.

"I fucking loved you, Ka-" Before he could say anything else I had shoved him against the wall, tears now streaming down my cheeks as the anger became just too much for me. Being weak was no longer going to set me back.

"Fuck-- you!" I shouted loudly in his face, pointing my finger into his chest and kicking him harshly with all I had in me. I was nonsense compared to a man as strong as him, but who else was comparing?

He suddenly gripped both of my wrists tightly, keeping me from throwing a punch in the throat. I looked up at him with fear filled eyes as his grasp only became tighter and tighter. "Look at yourself, Katy! Do you really think I would want to waste my time with someone like you?!" He asks, his face turning a scary shade of scarlet.

Ouch.

And there I went again, my emotions taking over my body as I soon ran away, tears now pouring out of my eyes. I had ran outside, the only place I could be without feeling trapped or maybe even scared. He absolutely terrified me now. How could he be such a monster?

I ran as fast as I could, my body suddenly planting itself onto the damp grass in my backyard. I don't think I've ever been this upset... ever. But, it hurts more when you had the strongest feelings ever for that person. Loving John was almost too overpowering.

My head had fallen into my knees, my body almost too weak to comprehend the people or things around me. How did I always get myself into this?

I had suddenly felt a presence behind me, and I somehow knew immediately in the back of my mind who it was. I wasn't about to run away, that would only show a sign of weakness.

"Come here, Kate..." John whispered delicately, his voice broken and fragile as he looked at me with swollen, red eyes that somehow still had that loving, affectionate glow I'd always seen in him, at least before today. He held out his arms as he looked downwards, almost looking disappointed in himself as he kicked his feet on the grass awkwardly. He looked like an entirely different person to the one I saw just minutes ago in that room... It was John again, it was the man I fell madly in love with.