Chapter Thirty-Three: A Promise Of Love

JOHN'S POV

I pulled up outside of Capitol Records, where Katy had been at since 7am this morning. It was now nearing four in the afternoon, and I'd decided to surprise her. It was one of many things I felt was my responsibly as her boyfriend - not only that, but the things in which I said to her in that heated argument which was now nearly two months ago, funnily enough - was still on my mind. I was constantly consciously guilty towards it; even though Katy had most likely forgotten it, for some reason I just couldn't get it out of my mind. I was still guilty, I was still hating myself. I was so madly in with her, that nothing scared me more than losing her again.

I straightened my jeans as I collected the flowers I'd bought, before I got out of my Range Rover and towards the front doors of the building. Happy, I felt at ease today. Everything seemed to be going seemingly well in the world of Katy and I right now, and after everything we'd been through... We needed a break. I walked through the doors, and down the corridors, the very same corridors in which I ran into Katy that one day back in June - which changed everything. It was crazy to think that had we not been at the same place, the same time that day - we most likely wouldn't be dating now.

I smiled to myself as I heard Katy's bubbly voice echoing through the hallways as I neared the door, a sense of nerves coming about as I made my way closer. I was always nervous when around Katy: which just proved how much she meant to me. She was this gorgeous, beautiful ray of sunshine, and she completed my life. I finally neared the door, peeking my head around to see Katy sitting directly in front of me at the table, nodding her head and letting out one of her adorable giggles. Her face instantly lit up as she saw me, her mouth turning into the biggest, most gorgeous smile I'd ever seen as her eyes sparkled a magnificent, radiant palette of blue and turquoise colours.

"John!" She said excitedly as she didn't hesitate to move out of her chair, racing over to me, placing her hands lightly on my chest while she pecked my lips. "What're you doing here?!"

"I've come to pick you up," I chuckled, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. God, she was so beautiful. I was just in complete awe of her, all the time.

"What do you mean?" She giggled back, her eyebrows furrowed as she looked a little confused. "Our flight isn't for another hour."

"I know," I laughed, placing my hands on her silky arms and lightly running them up and down. "But we're not flying, we're road-tripping up there. I thought it would be fun to go on an adventure instead."

She giggled, cuddling herself into my chest as she let out a happy sigh, before turning around to meet the others in the room - Bradford, Tamra, Steve, Glen and Max.

"Go! Go and see your family," Steve chuckled as Katy pouted her lips at him, before letting out an adorable giggle as she left me to collect her belongings. "We'll see you next week. Have a wonderful Christmas."

"You too, guys. Thanks for today, I'm really excited about this record," She laughed as she made her way back over, placing her Ray Bans over her eyes as she slid her hand into my own. I waved goodbye as we made our way out of the building, Katy cuddling into my side as I kissed her temple.

"I love when you surprise me at the studio," She suddenly giggled, looking up to me with her big, bold eyes as she smiled, cuddling her petite body into my side. "It's one of the many reasons I love you."

"I love you," I said as I stopped, knowing I needed a moment to completely take in all of her beauty. I slid my hands down her slides to rest comfortably at her waist, before leaning in to touch those lips I found I was always craving. So soft, so beautiful, so pure. I kissed her passionately, and deeply, holding her close to me. She smelt so sweet, like of a vanilla essence, her skin so silky and perfect. I had to keep myself from going crazy: she made me crazy in all the right ways.