Chapter Thirty: Fire And Rain Part I

A/N: I am so excited to announce that for this and the second part of this chapter I have been working with a guest writer! I'll let you know exactly who it is at the end of the chapter. Enjoy ;-)

"Katy baby... I've missed you," A thick, familiar British accent suddenly whispered in my ear, their hot breath tickling my neck as their hands wrapped themselves around my waist from behind, placing gentle kisses along my neck, which made goosebumps form on my porcelain skin as I froze in shock.

"Rob?" I said out of breath as I turned to face him, instantly coming into contact with someone who I never thought I'd see again... At least not for a while, anyway. He smiled back, his eyes looking so gorgeous under the light of the hallway.

I honestly hadn't seen Rob since our... Fling, I guess you could say, that we had back at Coachella earlier in the year. He was the lead drummer for the band Florence + The Machine, and I fell for him when we met at the festival. Unfortunately though it was documented by paparazzi lens, it didn't last - not that I ever had any hope it would anyway. I was going through my divorce at the time, and I was a complete mess. It was good while it lasted.

"What... What're you doing back in LA?" I slurred as I looked at him, wishing I wasn't drunk so that I could talk, but feeling the full effects of the alcohol as I seemingly fluttered my eyelashes towards him, leaning in a little closer as he held a firm grip on my waist.

"I'm here in town for a couple of shows," He chuckled, his accent making me fall for him once again as I drew myself closer. I knew I was becoming uncontrollable, but I couldn't stop myself. I was heavily attracted to him... Especially right now. I sighed before I moved into his chest somewhat unexpectedly, wrapping my arms around his fit, toned torso which was concealed by his baggy shirt.

"Why the sad face beautiful?" He whispered into my ear as I rested my head on his chest, needing his comfort and his touch right now... Because it was the only thing that could even slightly compare to John's embrace, who I missed terribly. "C'mon, let's get you home love."

"My, my cars here I'm...." I said as I sniffled, now feeling all kinds of emotions - the alcohol definitely in full effect as I was now entering the 'depressed' stage of drinking, where I would usually cry even if it had no reason... Except tonight, there was plenty of things for me to be upset about. "I am f-fine!"

Rob wasn't convinced, though I wouldn't blame him. He raised an eyebrow as I pulled away to look up at him, in my attempt to fool him with my notorious puppy eyes and 'Katy pout'.

"My cars here Robby... I'm fine... Just a little tipsy!" I giggled as I tried to look up at him with a serious face, though in all honesty I didn't want him to bother about me. I was fine... Right?

"C'mon, I'm taking you home," He chuckled, and I didn't hesitate to slide my hand into his. He gave me a curious look - probably to ask what the hell I was doing - and in all honesty I didn't know... All I knew was that I wanted him, and bad.

"I don't want to go home," I said, my eyes watering as I started to think about it... Everything that happened earlier today starting to flood back into my brain. My house was literally the last place I needed to be. "Can we... Can we please go to your... Your house?"

"You want to come to my place?" He asked, an eyebrow raised as he shot me an amused look, to which I nodded my head like a child, my hair bouncing all over the place which only made him chuckle. "Okay, okay. As long as you're a good girl."