Chapter Fifty-Three: Comfortable... When I'm With You

"Katy Perry makes a comeback with a ROARing single, the song of the summer," - Rolling Stone

"Katy Perry is bigger and ready to conquer the world yet again," - New York Times

"Katy's done it again and topped the charts with yet another ridiculously catchy dance tune," - Billboard
....

"This is so crazy. I can't believe it, any of it," Katy giggled as she emerged out of the hotel bathroom, plaid in nothing but a towel wrapped around her tiny frame, and a towel wrapped tightly around her hair. I smiled lazily at her as she walked out, from where I had been laying on the bed, waiting for her. She'd been here in New York City the entire week, promoting her single 'Roar', which she released officially only a couple of days ago, spending a press day at SiriusFM. She and her team had decided, that after the leak incident, they would release it earlier. 'Why not,' Katy had said. 'They've already heard it now, why not keep this train moving.'

"You should believe it, you're amazing. You know that," I chuckled as she blushed shyly, making her way to the bed as she softly laid down beside me, and I put my arm out for her head to rest on as she nuzzled into my bare torso. This week had been an exhausting one; not only for Katy, but I also. My new record - 'Paradise Valley' - had been completed and released, and that was another crazy whirlwind in itself. I was beyond proud to have 'Who You Love' on it, the song Katy and I sung and wrote together.

I was due to start my tour very soon, in fact, I had a couple of dates set up pretty much straight away. I was boarding my tour bus here in New York tomorrow morning, and Katy was going to join me for a few days, before she has to fly back to Los Angeles to shoot the music video for 'Roar' and all the new promotional events associated with it. Luckily with my tour, it more of a here and there thing, than an inch actual set six month contract of touring - I'd done that for my past five albums, and I had truly thought I'd give myself a bit of break, for now at least. That way, it gave lenience for me to care more about Katy and her health.

"Are you excited for tomorrow baby?" Katy asked in that cute, husky voice as she looked up to me with her gorgeous, big blue eyes.

"I am," I smiled down at her, stroking my fingers through her hair as she laid her head on my other arm. I loved how her eyes slowly fluttered open and closed as I did so, her breaths slowing down as she drew circles with her index finger on my torso. "But I'm more excited that you get to come with me."

"Mm," She replied, snuggling her petite body closer into my own as music played softly in the background of our hotel room. "I love spending time with you, this will be good for us. I love watching you do your shows."

"Touché," I chuckled, my heart feeling warm and fuzzy and all kinds of lovey-dovey right now as I relaxed with the woman I loved most, in my arms. I gently caressed my index finger to trace her chin, using my thumb to rest there as I gently moved her head up so I could, somewhat awkwardly, kiss her soft lips. Her eyes closed as I did so, and I kissed her lazily; taking my time. I never wanted to rush anything with her, I just wanted to make the most of whatever time I had. I guess I had a fear, deep down, that she wouldn't be mine forever.

Katy surprised me as she slackened her jaw and slid her tongue into my mouth, making my heart beat just that little bit faster. The tiny palm of her hand rested on my chest, and she used it to support herself as she leaned closer to me, pressing her hips into my side as I cradled her now from the back, my other hand massaging the roots of her hair as the towel previously covering it had slipped down beside her. She let out a tiny moan as she moved even closer to me, and I fought to keep up with her as she teasingly moved her hand up and down my chest, making my skin tingle and my nether region become alert.