Chapter 5 - The Bet

⭐ Leandro's POV ⭐

I listened carefully to what's Piolo saying, "Okay so, the bet is to make Gab fall for you. Seduce him, make him believe that you like him and most of all make him fall for you." Piolo said with a smirk on his face. "If he fell for you before the end of the school year, you will receive a reward. But if you don't, you suffer and we get the reward." Mclem added smiling mischeviously. "No!" I protested, "Don't expect that to happen. I have Dianne." I added. "If you don't do it," Mclem said slowly, "We'll tell everyone about you and Gab." Piolo finished. "About being stepbrothers. We know it's not going to be a big deal. But for you two, it will be." Piolo and Mclem said in chorus.

I cringed by the sound of their nonsense.But my mind wants the reward. "What's the reward first?" I asked curiously, "It's for you to find out." Mclem said with a smirk. I sighed, knowing that I have no other choice but to do what they're saying. "I don't have a choice now, do I?" I sighed in defeat. "Yup." They both said smiling in triumph. I am not looking forward to this bet.

"By the way guys, did you already study for the third quarter exams?" I asked them, changing the subject before they can think of anything ridiculous. "Not yet. But later I'm going to borrow Pamela's notebooks." Piolo said, "I'll just ace it." Mclem scoffed. I just raised my eyebrows to what they're going to do. I'm 100% percent Sure Pamela won't allow Piolo to borrow her notebooks, how can she study? Mclem can't just easily ace the test. He needs to pass this quarter. I just groaned at the state of my friends. Just a few more days Leandro, three more days until Christmas Break. I reminded myself. Just think positive.

After a few minutes the school bell rang. I guess we need to go back to our classroom then. "Hey guys, we're going to be late for our next subject if you two don't hurry up." I told Piolo and Mclem who still aren't getting up. "Okay dude. You can go ahead, we'll just catch up with you." Piolo said waving his hand. I nodded and ran out of the cafeteria towards our classroom. I was gasping for breath when I reached our classroom. I sighed with relief when I saw that there's still no teacher and that our classroom is still in chaos. I went to my locker and got my books for the next two subjects; Math and English. I groaned when I realized that we have Math today.

⭐Time skipped until the last subject⭐

⭐Gabriel's POV⭐

After 10 years our teacher finally left the classroom. We have to pray at least 10 times before Sir leaves us. I saw Pamela clutching her notebooks and Piolo prying it away from her. Huh? What's happening? "No you can't!" I heard her shout, "I have to study!" She said still clutching the notebooks. "I need to study too, Pamela!" Piolo shouted back "Then you should've copied notes!" Oh no, she's getting mad. "How can I copy when I have no ballpen?" Piolo asked "If you didn't have a ballpen, then you should've me asked me if a had a spare one." Pamela scoffed "Do you have a spare ball pen?" Piolo asked "No I do not have one." Pamela said turning her head away. Piolo just gave her an irritated look. After 5 minutes or so, they finally made an agreement. I don't know who got to keep those notebooks and I don't even want to ask.

I just remembered something, I need to buy an exchange gift. I picked a girl and what she wants is a string bag or a black shirt. I don't even know her size so how can I buy her a black shirt? Pfft I'll just buy her the string bag. I looked around my classroom after I got my books from my locker, I needed to study for the exam. There are still a few of my classmates here. I don't see Leandro anymore though so maybe he's with Dianne? Or is he already home? I sighed and walked through the door and noticed that it was raining heavily, Pam doesn't have an umbrella. Oh no, I need to find her. Students are filing under the roof so that they'll not get wet. I can't move because of the other students. Chatting, laughing they don't know they're the cause of this traffic. This is going to be a problem.

⭐At home⭐

I was soaking wet when I got home. I need to take a shower first then review for the exams tomorrow. The door was unlocked when I opened it. Hmmm, maybe Leandro did get home early. I hope he didn't get wet from the the rain. Wait, why am I concern for him? I groaned at myself and that's when I realized that it was so quiet. If he's already home, why is it so quiet? Maybe he's already studying? I shrugged. I ran up the flight of stairs taking two steps at a time, I was just so desperate to have a shower plus it's freezing. I opened the door to our room and saw that he was indeed studying. He looked up from his notes and looked towards my direction. "Oh hey Gab. Why the heck are you soaking wet?" He asked me, one eyebrow up. "Oh ummm, I just walked Pamela to her house because it was raining like cats and dogs." I explained, "And she didn't have her umbrella with her." I muttered. "Okay then." He nodded, "Take a shower, you'll get sick." He said to me before I went inside the bathroom. I just nodded.