15

I strolled along the streets waiting for a deal to come along. I couldn't get Adonai's words and Michael's body out of my head. The time I spent with Michael was mind blowing but I had to reign in that emotion. I had to focus my attention on my task. It would be the only thing to save my sanity.

I listened in on thoughts but these humans seemed to turn to kittens in the last year. No one wanted anything, really. Maybe a donut here and there but no deals I was willing to make. What good is a soul unless they really have something to gain? Useless, that's what.

I passed a small bar and noticed a girl outside crying. Usually I would not have spared her a second glance but something drew me to her. I needed to know why she was crying. Not that I would help her, I just needed to know why.

I casually stood next to her and lit a cigarette. After exhaling my first drag I looked over at her. I could tell she noticed me because of the way she tried to hide her tears. She was young- maybe twenty one, twenty two at the oldest. She was relatively pretty, probably someone I would have envied in my human life but I did not see her as a threat. Her short, dark, pixie cut framed her thin face perfectly. Her dark eyes seemed to swirl with a light gold through her sadness; the caramel of her skin tinged a light pink and slightly puffy under her eyes from the tears shed.

I held a cigarette out to her but she shook her head.

"One won't kill you. Trust me," I said though I knew only I could appreciate the humor in that.

She looked at it timidly and took it. After lighting it for her she took her first hit and nearly coughed up a lung. I probably would have reacted the same way if I smoked as a human.

"What's your name?" She asked in the most fragile voice.

"Katrina."

"I'm Fran."

I nodded in acceptance though I secretly cringed at her name. Thank God my parents had enough sense to name me something logical.

"My boyfriend, he um- I found him cheating on me," she said quietly.

Ah. So that was why she was crying. Well, I had my answer so I could leave but for some unknown reason I stayed.

"How long have you been together?"

"Six months," she said on the verge of crying again.

Awkwardly, I reached over to comfort her when she gripped my wrist roughly holding me in place. I was confused; what the fuck was she doing?

Something shot into my wrist causing a white hot, searing pain to shoot through my arm. I hadn't felt pain in a century and this was certainly a wake up call. I screamed in agony quickly hitting the floor. Why couldn't I stand?!

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I cried.

"Katrina, don't move," I heard an all too familiar and annoying angelic voice say softly.

"Avina! Get out of here," I demanded. She couldn't possibly protect herself from something that was hurting me! The Satan's top deal maker brought to her knees; there was no way Avina stood a chance.

"Shhh," she said as she stroked my face.

She pushed my hair away from my face. Her slender finger slipped under my chin, bringing my attention to her eyes.

"Listen, Katrina, I know you must have a difficult time understanding what is happening but I will try to explain. Damian is obsessed with you. If you are not out of the picture, I will never have him."

"I want nothing to do with Damian," I ground out through the pain.

"It doesn't work that way. You must be punished for your adultery. Marriage is a sacred tradition, Katrina, and you tossed mine around like it meant nothing."

"I'm sorry!"

"Too late. I remember when you were thinking about me not comparing to you in the sexual arena and I decided you're right which is why you are going to help me."

"Fuck off you twisted bitch," I managed to bite out.

"Can't you be pleasant for once? No wonder Michael doesn't want you."

Well that was certainly below the belt.

"You are going to continue having sex with Damian but you're not going to be alone. Since I am inexperienced, you're going to teach me."

"You...you're asking me to...have a threesome?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well I suppose that is technically what it would be. I doubt you and Damian will have any moral qualms since you seem to be so sexually free," she said casually.

"I'm not doing that. If you want to please him figure it out the same way I did."

"I don't really have time for trial and error. I need to produce an heir quickly and you seem to be the quickest way to his libido."