24

Ivan was not surprised by my father's reaction but I think everyone was surprised by my reaction.

"It's good to see you, Ivan," I said sweetly.

"How is he here," my mother demanded of me, "Do you know what he did to you?!"

"I know," I said quietly, "He is here because I requested it."

"Katrina-"

"Listen," I begged, "I sold myself to Damian- the next ruler of Hell- and part of the deal was I could punish Ivan. At the time, I was so angry that I punished him in the worst possible way I could imagine. Yes, he killed me but if that hadn't happened I wouldn't have learned to appreciate the good and the bad in life and I would not be who I am. I would never have learned forgiveness."

My parents looked furious regardless but Michael understood. He may not have liked it but he understood my reasons for wanting to give Ivan peace.

"Thank you, Katrina," Ivan said.

I gently nodded once, excusing him from the tense and awkward situation but he stayed.

"Anya, Cedric, I am sorry for what I did to Katrina. I love her and I never meant to hurt her. I just... I don't know what was wrong with me and why I couldn't control myself around her but I am better."

Whoa, whoa, whoa. He needed to calm down on that love shit.

"You do not love her," Michael spoke up in his usual indifference.

"I do. I still love you, Kat."

"Leave," Michael commanded with the utmost authority. The sheer power in his voice sent a chill down my spine. I would never admit it but I loved when he used that tone.

"Do you want me to leave, Kat?"

"I asked for Michael's help bringing you here because I unjustly punished you when I should have forgiven you. By punishing you, I punished myself and I didn't do anything wrong."

A realization hit me. I really didn't do anything wrong. I was a victim, even if I didn't want to be.

"I know I can be better to you now," he said.

I shook my head, "No."

"No?" He asked in disbelief.

"She is mine," Michael said possessively, "The only reason I asked for your admittance is because she thought it would bring her salvation. Go before I change my mind."

With one last look at me, Ivan left. I suppose that went better than expected but everyone still looked mad. I couldn't tell if it was directed at me or Ivan but I wanted to return to the previous blissful state we were in.

"Adonai and I are going to try to convince Damian to back down," Michael said, "I will be back in a few hours."

"Why don't you let me try talking to him?" I asked though I knew I should tread lightly with this request.

"Why?" He asked suspiciously.

"I know Damian better than anyone. If someone can convince him to back down, it's going to be me."

"And exactly how do you plan to do that?"

I shrugged, "I'm not sure. But if there's one thing I know, it's how to talk to him."

Michael looked mad but I knew he was only jealous. Though he wouldn't admit it anymore, I knew my past with Damian still bothered him. He was trying to let it go but that was easier said than done.

"I suppose you're right."

I nodded tightly and turned back to my parents, "I'll see you later?"

"Of course," they agreed.