Seventeen

Alice

I have never been this scared in my entire life. I didn't know this man and I had no idea what he was capable off. He could do anything. But Justin and Heaven both knew him and he knew them. The man who was Justin's step father pulled the trigger as he pointed at Justin. I heard Heaven scream and everything after that went in slow motion. People were screaming and freaking out. Tears started streaming down my face when I realized what just had happened. My best friend got shot. She jumped in front of Justin when that man was about to shoot him, but she took the bullet. She might die, because was protecting her boyfriend.

Justin

Me, Alice and Heaven's mom, Ann, have been sitting here in the waiting room waiting for hours. We have no idea if Heaven will make it, but we have to believe that everything's going to be alright. I can't believe she did this. She saved my life literally. If it wasn't for her, I may would have died. I hope she's going to make it, because I don't know what I'd do without her. My step father got arrested and he will never be free ever again. He deserves this. He abused me, treated me bad and shot my girlfriend. I will never forgive my mom for letting that dangerous guy in my life.

My head shot up as the door opened and the doctor walked out. Ann got up and walked up to him. "Please tell me my daughter is okay." She begged. Alice had fallen asleep on my lap of all the crying. She's scared and so am I to be honest. "Your daughter is alive." "Thank god." Ann sighed. "But she lost a lot of blood and she's in a coma." Ann's eyes filled with tears once again. "She'll wake up right?" I asked, worried. He looked at me. "She should have woken up by the end of the week if her condition doesn't get worse." he told us. "Can we see her?" "Sure." The doctor replied before walked away. Ann walked in first when I waited in the waiting room with Alice still sleeping on my lap.

Ten minutes passed and Heaven's mom walked out. "You can see her. I'm going to call her dad. He doesn't know yet." I nodded and decided to wake up Alice. "Alice, wake up." I said lightly shaking her. Her eyes opened and she looked around as she sat up. "How is she?" she asked. "She's okay, but in a coma." "For how long?" "At least a week. That's if her condition doesn't get worse. You want to see her?" Alice nodded and we entered the room Heaven was in. She was lying there so peaceful. There was a heart monitor so you could see her heartbeat. "This is my fault." I whispered, looking at my girlfriend laying there lifeless. "Justin, don't blame yourself. She's the one who jumped in front of you." Alice spoke. "She risked her own life to save yours." She whispered. "If it wasn't for me, she would have never been in this situation." I continued, ignoring what Alice said.

"Justin, I've been to your school since 7th grade. No one has ever treated you the way Heaven treats you. She cares about you so much and she loves you so much that she risked her own life for you. Doesn't that mean something? Instead of listening to everyone else she hung out with you and she even fell in love with you, the guy no one cared about or liked. Don't blame yourself for this, because I'm sure Heaven doesn't want you to feel bad about this and think it's your fault. It was her choice to take the bullet." I listened as Alice continued speaking.

"She's going to make, Justin. Don't doubt that. She's a fighter." I kept staring at Heaven. I can't believe she did this. "Heaven risked her life to save yours, because you would do the same." Alice finished and left the room. I kissed Heaven's head and looked at her. "I love you. Please wake up."

-----------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading.
Leave a commenttell your friends, share it on twitter and don't forget to vote.
It would mean a lot to me. 

Thank you ♥