chapter two

ᏆᏆ

( ʜᴇʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʟɪғ )

↳ ( ʜᴇʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʟɪғᴇ  )

LUCY P.O.V

With my head high and determination sparking within me, I began to head towards my apartment, ready to pack all my stuff up and leave this place. I never wanted to see Fairy Tail again. Once I reached my apartment, I summoned Virgo, the maiden, and Loke, the lion, to assist me. I asked Virgo to pack all my belongings and send them to the celestial spirit world where they would keep them safe for the time being while I asked Loke to tell the landlady I would be leaving and also to give her this month's rent. Once they finished, they left back to the spirit world, not without giving me some supportive words and encouragements. If there were something I could always count on, it would be my spirits. 

I took one last glance at my now empty apartment, so many fond memories of the past filling my mind. So many amazing things happened in this apartment, with Fairy Tail and with Team Natsu. But I would never look back even if I had the chance. They showed me their true colours, and all I could feel towards them is hatred:

Hatred for betraying me,
Hatred for ignoring me,
Hatred for replacing me
And most of all,
Hatred for lying to me

Inhaling deeply, I let out all my worries once I exhaled. I picked up the tiny suitcase Virgo put together for me and headed towards the train station. I bought a ticket for a town named Acheflow, which meant 'White Flower'. I was ready for a new start. I waited a good twenty minutes until the train came and once it arrived, I went and sat in a booth in the back and called Plue, the dog, to accompany me.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Once the train had arrived at the destination, I went straight to the forest, ignoring the people as best as I could. I was polite enough to flash them a smile if I came upon them but other than that; I wanted no human contact. Right now, all my mind was focused on was getting to the forest. As I was walking deeper and deeper into the forest, I started to get scared cause the forest was getting darker with every step I took since the sun was setting. As soon as I saw a clearing, I ran towards it and found a beautiful waterfall. A force of nature, both beautiful and brutal.

Tranquil from a distance but deafening up close. It was as if the cascades of water conjured cascades of equally powerful emotions in my brain, and it took my breath away. It was simply spectacular, the most magnificent sight I had ever beheld.

As I looked at the waterfall, it felt as if all my worries were floating away with the stream of water. It was so pretty, Every time a drop of water hits another water, it would glow neon green. I went and sat down, dipping my feet into the water. As I continued to look at the waterfall a familiar yet unfamiliar song came to my mind:

All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be
And at last, I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last, I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once, everything looks different
Now that I see you

I soon stopped singing the song because I couldn't remember the rest. Hearing a loud roar coming from within the waterfall, I jumped up in shock. I took a step back defensively, ready to attack if I had too. I watched with narrow eyes as a big blue creature comes out. It had large blue wings, and its scales were different shades of blue. Its claws and eyes were pure white. Overall it was so pretty, and I could easily tell it was a female dragon. Then suddenly it roared again and afterwards, it stared at me. I felt as if she was looking through me.

"Tell me, child, were you the one singing that song earlier?" The dragon asked. I nodded my head slowly, hesitant. I was still in shock, though. According to the dragon slayers, all dragons had fled or died. "Hm, tell me what your name is." It asked again.

"Lucy, Lucy Heartfillia," I replied. The dragon was shocked.

"I am so sorry for my rudeness, please forgive me, Princess." She said to me with sadness in her voice. At first, I was confused as to why she called me Princess. Then I realised that my mum was the queen of Light. For someone so strong, I was dumb af.

"Don't worry; it is my fault I crossed over your territory without knowing," I said in a caring and gentle voice. She was surprised then turned clam.

"Just like your mother" She mumbled.

"Ne, what is your name?" I asked.

"Oh, how rude of me, my name is Aqua, and I am the water dragon," Aqua replied. I nodded to let her understand I knew who she was. "Princesses, may I ask you a question?" Aqua asked.

"Yes, you may, but please call me Lucy," I replied with a cheerful smile.

"Very well, then Lucy, will you like to come to the dragon realm and learn to control your powers and maybe learn more?" Aqua asked. I was so happy and replied with a simple nod when inside I was acting all excited. "Shall we go?" She asked.

"Lets," I said.

"Open portal to the Dragon Realm." Aqua chanted and soon a blue portal appeared in front of us. We walked in, and when I saw it, I couldn't help but stare at it with awe. I couldn't wait to start a new chapter in my life.