chapter twenty

XX

( ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʀ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ )

↳ ( ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʀ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ )

STING P.O.V

I waited for her to do the final blow, but for a strange reason, it never came. Sniffing the air, I could smelt salt, which was confusing. I then heard metal clattering on the ground as if it had fallen or someone dropped it. I looked up and saw Lucy above me with the sword on the floor. Her eyes were shadowed, but I could see the streaming tears that cleansed her red cheeks. Few droplets remained, forgetting their way as the path was swept from beneath them, consequently blurring Lucy's vision with waves of sadness only the broken encounter. The salty release calmly flowed into her mouth so that she could taste her own sorrow.

"I can't." She mumbled. I was confused as hell. "I can't. It hurts me so much seeing you like this. I feel as if my heart is being torn in half. Even after all you did, I can't bring myself to hate you. Please forgive me, Sting." Lucy said, then cried harder. I was shocked and surprised; my mind working very slowly. She still loved me. She then fell on her knees, and I went up and embraced her.

LUCY P.O.V

What's happening to me? I'm so close to winning, Just one move and I win. I started trembling. "I can't," I mumbled. Why is this happening? It hurts. I feel as if my heart is being torn to pieces. Do I still love him? Yes, I do. I still love him, even after all he did I can't bring myself to hate him.

"I can't. It hurts me so much seeing you like this. I feel as if my heart is being torn in half. Even after all you did, I can't bring myself to hate you. Please forgive me, Sting." I said and cried harder. My legs were becoming weak. I fell on my knees. I cried harder than I ever have. I then felt two muscular arms wrapped around me and pulled me to their chest. I knew it was Sting and cried into his chest. He stroked my hair.

"Don't cry. I hate seeing you cry. Smile. I want to see that beautiful smile of yours." Sting said. I calmed down, then nodded. I smiled a real smile at him. He gladly smiled back at me.

"Times up! It seems it is a tie. Sabertooth's Sting Eucliffe and Fairy Tail's Lucy Dragnoia." Mato said. I looked up at him, and he nodded. We stood up. His arm was wrapped around my waist.

"Sorry but that's not me," I said they all looked confused except for Fairy Tail's Team. After a few seconds, Sabertooth started crying tears of joy or cheering. I guess they know what I mean. "I'm not a Fairy but a Saber," I said. Everyone cheered. Sabertooth was yelling Welcome Back. Gray, Erza and Natsu came towards us. I looked at them. "I'm sorry. It's just-" I couldn't finish cause I was cut off.

"We know. I knew from the beginning. The way you look at them. I wish we were the ones, but it's your choice." Erza said. I nodded and flashed her a smile. They all looked sad. I felt guilty, but then an idea popped up.

"Just because I'm in Sabertooth now doesn't mean I hate you or anything. Feel free to come to visit anytime." I said. They nodded, then came and hugged me. I hugged them back. I turned around but was soon tackled on the floor. I looked up and saw everyone in Sabertooth come down and tackled me in a hug, Except for Master. I flashed them a huge smile.

"Well, that's it for today. See you tomorrow for the last day of the Grand Magic games." Chapati Lola said. We soon left after that. We went to a bar called 'Dizzy Dazy'.

"Let's party for our Sabertooth Princess has returned," Master shouted. They all cheered and partied all night.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

It was late at night, and mostly everyone had left. Me, Rufus, Orga, Sting, Rogue, Minerva and Master were the only people left.

"Lucy, you shall replace me in the Grand Magic Games tomorrow," Minerva said. I was surprised.

"Are you sure?" I asked. She nodded. I sighed and said, okay.

"Anyway, you all should head back to the inn." Master nodded, and we went to our inn.

Sting and I shared a room like last time. We entered our room and sat on the sofa. "I missed you, and I'm also sorry for what happened," Sting said. I giggled then looked at him.

"Already told you. I forgive you." I said. He nodded.