chapter seven

ᏙᏆᏆ

( ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ғᴏʀ ɢᴍɢ )

↳ ( ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ғᴏʀ ɢᴍɢ )

LUCY P.O.V

My eyes fluttered open, the aching in my skull ebbed and flowed like a cold tide, yet the pain is always there. Letting out a groan as I sit up, I understand at once why they call it a hangover, for it feels as if the blackest of clouds are over my head with no intention of clearing until late afternoon. Glancing around the guild, everyone was either passed out on the floor or on the table. A giggle escaped my lips as I see Orga and Rufus cuddled up together, one snoring loudly and the other softly.

Rogue and Frosch were laying down on a bench under the stairs while Sting and Lector were laying flat out on the floor in a starfish position. Lector was sleeping on top of a shirtless Sting. The sight of the twin dragon slayers sleeping with their exceeds warmed my heart up. Just looking at everyone else made a smile grow on my face. 'I finally have a family.' I thought.

"It's been a long time since you smiled like that," said Hell, my own exceed. Hell had red fur with a light red belly like Lectors, but he also had flames on his stomach. He always wears a black leather jacket. His paws, ears and tail are a dark red while his eyes are black with tiny specks of red almost like a fire. It was why I called him Hell. He was a badass exceed.

"Yeah, I know," I replied, sighing softly. I was genuinely happy about where I am.

"Well, let's hope you stay like that," said Heaven, my other exceed. Heaven has white fur and a light blue belly. Her paws, tail and ears are also light blues. She has pearl white eyes with tiny specks of yellow, almost like a halo or the sun. She wears a shirt that is light blue, a white skirt. I nodded.

The three of us continued to converse softly until everyone else slowly stirred awake. Amazingly, they jumped straight into chatter once they woke up as if it was a regular occurrence to pass out in the guild. I was currently sitting with my team that was called The Sabertooth's Devils disguised as Angels or for short, Sabertooth's Ivy's. In my group was myself, Minerva and Yukino. The three strongest female mages. We were also the strongest group in Sabertooth. The second strongest is the Sabertooth Rebels. In that group is Sting, Rogue, Rufus and Orga. As well as Lector and Frosch.

We all couldn't wait to go on missions together. We knew for a fact that both our teams were unbeatable. Nothing could take us down. We were all chatting at the bar when Master steps out of his office and stands by the railings, his form towering over everyone.

"Listen up!" With that everyone stopped what they were doing and turned their heads to face Sabertooth's Master. I always thought Master Jiemma was cruel and cold-hearted as he was very strict, but he just wanted what was best for his guild. "We are competing in this year's Grand Magic Games." Cheers escaped our lips as we grinned happily. "And this time we won't let those Fairies win!" His voice boomed through the whole guild. Shouts of agreements echoed throughout the bar.

"Of course we won't," Minerva said with an evil aura around her, causing everyone to sweatdrop.

"Yeah," Agreed Sting as he stood up from his spot at the bar. "There is no way in hell am I letting some weak fairies be the strongest guild in all of Fiore," I nodded my head.

"I'll finally get revenge and show them how a once weak and useless Fairy turns into a strong and powerful Saber," I said. The rest of my fellow guildmates cheered me on and I couldn't help but feel slightly emotional. Master cleared his throat, gaining back everyone's attention.

"The participants in this year's Grand Magic Games will be Sting," The blonde-haired mage pumped his fists into the air, "Rogue." A slight smile graced his lips, but he didn't react like his twin. "Orga." Just like Sting, Orga yelled out a cheer. "Rufus," The male tilted his fedora hat, smirking. "And our strongest mage, LUCY!" Master yelled. We all cheered loudly. "Also I will be doing some work until the Third day of the Grand Magic Games so Minerva you shall be master till then," Master added. Minerva nodded, ready to please her father and show him that she could take care of the guild. "You have one month so go start training." And with that Master went back into his office. We partied all night. The next day would be the start of our training.