chapter five

( ᴊᴏɪɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀʙᴇʀs )

↳ ( ᴊᴏɪɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀʙᴇʀs )

LUCY'S P.O.V

I was strolling through the street of Corcus; The city Sabertooth resided in. After five minutes of walking, I stopped in front of a large building - The Sabertooth guild. Just like before, I kicked open the huge double doors, which, to my surprise, shocked a few people. Guess they weren't very good with jump scares. For an odd reason, my mind began to imagine what would happen if I watched a horror movie with the guild that called themselves the best.

After a few seconds, Minerva came up to me and asked: "What do you want." To say the least, I was shocked because she said that to me in a cold tone, but then I smirked.

"Is that how you treat your childhood bestie after all these years?" I asked in a teasing matter as I took off my hoodie, showing her my face. Shock washed over her features before she finally got over it and jumped into my outstretched arms, hugging me close and sniffling softly.

"Don't ever leave me again." She said in the crook of my neck, and a fond look overtook my face. I held her close to me, running my hand through her beautiful locks of hair. Her guild members all looked shocked. First Minerva was acting all cool and powerful and then she began to cry in the arms of a stranger. Rufus cleared his throat, and everyone looked at him, including me and Minerva, who wiped her tears away quickly.

"Tell me," He spoke, his voice soothing. "Why is our strongest mage is crying over a stranger?" Rufus asked, getting a glare at Minerva who fixed herself in front of her guild members. Typically she would kill anyone who saw her cry, but this was an exception.

"That's because she is my best friend. I met her when I was young. She saved me from some monsters when I was just a child. And ever since then we've become the best of friends, well, until someone went MIA." She said, nudging my shoulder while I rubbed the back of my neck with a sheepish smile. Rufus nodded, happy with the explanation. Everyone returned to what they were doing, not concerned with the newcomer as they knew that if Minerva trusted her than the rest could too. "Will you be joining Sabertooth?" I nodded. "Okay then, let's go ask father."

We walked to her father's office, moving our way through the crowd of mages who threw smiles in our direction. Sabertooth wasn't what people made them to be. Surprisingly, they were welcoming people even if they were power hungry. "Father?" Minerva knocked on his door, and we both entered when we heard his grunt a come in.

"This is Lucy. She'd like to join the guild." Master Jiemma looked up from his paperwork and stroked his chin, giving me a once over.

"Very well, if she wants to join, she may but she has to beat Rufus," he said. Minerva and I smirked. I had this in the bag. The three of us exited the office and stood in front of everyone, gathering their attention. Master Jiemma told everyone that I would join if I beat Rufus. Once Rufus heard his name, he stood up and looked at me. I also heard some members gasp or mutter things like: 'she won't win' or 'she'll die'. I scoffed amusingly. If only they knew it would be the other way around.

We went outside, and everyone placed their bets on Rufus while Minerva voted for me. She came over to and said that I had to win, not to join the guild but to get her money. I shook my head - only that dumbass.

"You have 15 minutes to fight. We want a clean fight. No bone breaking or muscle ripping. Nothing like that." Master explained. Once he knew we were both ready, he nodded his head and gave us the all clear. "Start."

"I would never dare to hurt such a pretty lady too much," Rufus said, grabbing his fedora and placing it to his head. "I'll make sure not to hurt you too badly." I tched.

"Oh, so you're the gentleman type here, ay." I chuckled, rolling my eyes. All men thought they could beat women, who were clearly stronger than they were. "Well, I'd like to inform you that looks are very deceiving." He smirked, bowing slightly before placing his hat back on his head.

"Very well. Prepare to experience the pain of losing. Memory make: Rage of the burning Earth." The spell he cast turned the whole sky a red colour with hints of orange. I could hear the gasps that echoed from his guildmates. Quickly, the ground was rising, and fire was shot directly at me with Minerva yelling at me to dodge it. I turned to her and smiled sweetly and immediately she knew exactly what I was doing and grinned gleefully. She was getting her money for sure.

NORMAL P.O.V

There was a massive cloud of smoke covering the whole area. Rufus was victorious, or that was what they all thought. When they were about to go inside, they heard Lucy.

"Not so fast, who said we were finished." Once the smoked cleared, Lucy was seen with a devious smirk on her face and only a few burnt marks. Everyone was shocked as to how she was still conscious and standing. "That was one powerful move but sorry to inform you that was nothing compared to me," Lucy said, still smirking.

"Oh really," Rufus rose his brows, "Then why don't we saw your power," he said, clearly mocking her. Pushing her anger down, Lucy's smirk grew wider.

"Gladly." She took a step back, feigning hesitance and giving Rufus the idea that she was scared. He was about to tease when the next words that came out of her mouth shocked him greatly. "Roar of the Elemental Dragon Slayer." Lucy chanted. Different kind of elements came out of her mouth and straight to Rufus.

Once the smoke cleared away, Rufus was laying on the ground - bruised and unconscious. The whole guild looked at the blonde in pure shock. Not did she only defeat one of their strongest members, but she did it with a power no one had ever heard of. People believed that an elemental dragon slayer was just a myth; something children made up to seem all-powerful than the actual dragon slayers.

Feeling sympathy for the hurt male on the floor, Lucy walked towards him, crouching down and whispering a soft spell, one no one caught the words of but a green healing light came leaking out of the grounds and seeking into Rufus's body, healing his wounds and waking him. Rufus looked around in slight panic until the memory of the fight settled into his brain quickly, and he stood up with the held of Lucy.

"I told you, you won't be able to beat me," Lucy said teasingly. Rufus chuckled and nodded.

"You really have amazing power, Miss..."

"Lucy, Lucy Dragnoia," Lucy replied.

"Miss Lucy," Rufus repeated, testing the name on his tongue. It sounded very familiar to him. Minerva rushed over to her childhood friend, and thousands of question poured out of her mouth.

"Woah, calm down I'll answer them later," Lucy said. "First of all, am I okay to join the guild?" Lucy asked Master Jiemma.

"Okay?" Master Jiemma scoffed, "Are you kidding me? Like hell are we rejecting you after all that." Lucy grinned in achievement. Finally, a place where she wouldn't have to hide her true self. "Minerva take her inside and stamp her," Master said. Minerva nodded then grabbed the blonde's hand, everyone entering the guild, all ready to start the newest chapter of their lives.