Chapter 3 - First Clue

I woke up the next morning desperate to read the next page which contained another message by Evelyn for me. Funny, how my life was starting to revolve around some messages by someone dead now.

I rushed over to the diary to read it because the clock had hit six'o clock now and the sun was coming out. Such a weird time to ask me to read her message honestly. But then again, wasn't everything about this weird?

I wore my spectacles that were lying on my side table and started flipping through the pages again. I found the one that I was supposed to read and it read this.

"Dear Archer,

I hope you are having fun with this. Because this was one of the purposes of this diary. Like, what would life be without fun? What would it be like to wake up every day of your life just to follow the same routine as you have been doing for the past. However, I suppose that it's time to get serious too Archer. The biggest question everyone must be wondering right now, that why did I do what I did. And I am about to give you the biggest hint or clue for that. And many of the secret lies in the following word given at the end. But the problem being that you only have the time till 4'o clock of Tuesday --- considering it will be Monday today --- to find and use this clue, because then it will be gone. Just like I am. And you can try to find it even after that time, but it will be of no use. You're also supposed to open the next page and read it on tuesday at 5'o clock. It's a mystery Archer, all of it is. I am myself. I hope you will be able to solve it, also I really hope you will be doing it by yourself.

Love, Eve."

At the end of the page there were two words written with gap between them. They  read  "cire renrut".

What was that supposed to mean? These are just two random words that I have never heard in my whole life. 

My first thought was that they were words of a different language so I went ahead to search them on internet, hoping that would help me. However as I put them in the search bar, no result showed up. Which represented that these words weren't in any language at all.

This made no sense.

My eyes went back to the clock and I realized that I was getting late for school now. I got out of the bed yawning, making my way to the shower. Today was going to be a long day for sure.

As I made my way into the school from the gate, I felt someone slap me at the back of my head. I instantly knew who it was since this habit only belonged to Harry Edwards. 

Harry Edwards was my best friend for the past two years. He was one of those people who were jock and nerd at the same time. He had a great social life, and was the captain of the football team of the school but at the same time had great grades and was into books. How did he manage that all? I had no idea.

"Where have you been?" He asked as he started walking with me towards our lockers.

"Uh, home?" I said, which came out more like a question.

"Sure" He said but I could see that he didn't believe me.

It was true, though. That I have been avoiding him for quiet a while. Specially since the Evelyn thing. It's not like I was avoiding him on purpose though, it was just happening.

"We're all going to the beach on Thursday. Wanna join?" He asked, as we reached our lockers which were next to each other.

"Sorry, I will be busy" I said.

"Doing what?" He asked.

"Jesus Harry, we hang out a lot. I have a lot on my mind already" I dodged his question.