Chapter 18 - Final Page

And as the stars come out tonight,
We are going to need a light.

Let's burn our pages tonight.

"Let's go back" I managed to say.

"We're late" Marilyn said, tearing up now.

"One less population" Ben hesitated but managed to say anyway "Did she mean she's going out of the city or out of the ....world" He finished looking down.

"I hope it's not the latter" Mario said.

"It is" I said "It is the latter" 

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"This was all planned. It was supposed to be this way. She wanted to teach me how to have fun, and she did. She taught me how to live life, and then went. She always wanted to finish her life guys. That is how it started right? She wanted to do that always, but before that she wanted to do something else. Teach me how to live" I said "And now that she knew it was done, she's gone forever... for real this time"

Harry put a hand on my shoulder "Maybe that's not true-" He started but I cut him off.

"You were the one who told me that" I said pushing him away, screaming now. "You were the one who told me that Harry" I repeated.

"Let's go back" He told me, grabbing my hand as he pulled me with him.

I silently followed him, knowing there was no use now. It was just too late now.

That night, when we came back I lay in bed deep in thoughts. All about Evelyn.

Turning my head to the right, I noticed that the clock read 11:59. One more minute before I was supposed to read the very last page of the diary that Evelyn had left me.

But what was the point now? Did I even want to read it? It was all over now and I was too late.

However, one small part of me still wanted to read to it. To see what Evelyn would write to me one last time before it would all be over. The clock had hit twelve now, and I was supposed to be reading the message now. But I just didn't have enough energy to get up and do so.

After laying down for five more minutes, I finally sighed and got up from the bed. Turning the lights on again, I took out the diary from my bed.

Flipping the pages I opened the last page that had writing on it. It read as follows.

"Dear Archer,

How many times did you get hurt during this? How many times did you find the twists in the story of what's true? How many times did you feel so close to finding out everything and then being back on the first page. And lastly, how many times did you want to get your questions answered but never found them? Well Archer, I guess it's time for the last twist. The biggest twist of all. If you want to know the truth, and find the answer to all your questions, at exactly twelve of the night of twenty fifth, be at the place that it all started. It will end exactly where it started, and when it ends everything will have changed. Be ready, because the game is not over yet and the most surprising part is still left.

-Love, Eve" 

I started shuddering. It was too much and I didn't know what to think anymore. It was like for the first few seconds I couldn't breathe. But then I regained some control, forcing myself to consider the possibilities.

Maybe I was going to end up with nothing once again. Maybe this was going to be another let down.

There were just so many maybe's that nothing made sense to me.

I couldn't sleep that night at all. I kept thinking about Evelyn.

Next morning Harry came over instantly, just like I had told him to last night.

"What happened with your mom?" I asked him.

"She was pretty mad" He said "I had to sneak out right now" 

"I have what will make it worth it" I sighed.

"What?" He asked.

"The final page" I said and he understood.

I told him exactly what it read and he had his eyes wide open by the end.

"This could be it. This could be what we were working for all along" He said.

"I hope so" I told him.

"But where did it all start?" He asked me confused.

"I know that" I said, and he looked at me questioning look.

"It all started with the dream about diary, which I had in my room" I told him. This thought came to me after lots of thinking, and I was hoping I was right about this.

"Are you sure it's your room?" He asked me, as if he was unsure about this.

"I am" I said, nodding my head.

He stayed until late night to keep me company and help me pass time, but left around eleven thirty.

"You'll have to do this alone Archer" He told me as if he was about to leave "But know that I am only one call away"

"I know" I said and he left.

Walking back to my room, I lay down in my bed with just the lamp on my side table turned on. I waited for the clock to hit twelve, and as it did nothing happened.

The clock moved from one minute past twelve, to two minutes past twelve and then going on to ten minutes past twelve.

I was tired. I believed that nothing was going to take place and this was once again, Evelyn playing games on me. I laughed at my silly self before I turned the lamp off.

I didn't know what to expect to be honest. What was I even waiting for? another note? another person that Evelyn would have planned to meet me and then commit suicide? It was all too much now. And what made it harder at this moment was that I had no idea what was coming my way. Maybe nothing.

As my eyes were almost closed now, and I felt extremely sleepy, it happened.

Maybe the stars aligned at that very moment, and at that exact second the world was right again. I couldn't find anything wrong with the world in the next moment.

The window to my room were slowly pushed open by two hands, and then I saw a figure stepping in. Whoever it was, was wearing a black hood, it's top over the persons head, along with black jeans. If I wasn't expecting anything unusual, I would have started shouting.

But I was, and so in the darkness of the room I managed to see hair coming out of the hood. Long hair, which proved that it was a girl.

As the figure came inside the room, my breathing hitched. I literally forgot how to breathe. I forgot what exhaling or inhaling was. 

The figure took two steps forward before it took the top of the hood off, letting her face show.

Evelyn smiled at me, the smile that everyone would die for as she said the next words in her husky, deep voice.

"Hello Archer"