Chapter 11 - Old Friend

Part 2/3 : The Lost Girl 

Chapter 11 - Old Friend.

After what just happened, I could not possibly bring myself to sleep. 

It couldn't have been Evelyn. She was dead now. She committed suicide, everyone knows that. But then why did my heart continue to tell me it was Evelyn and no one else?

I haven't heard her talk much, except for in my dreams. And that was only my imagination. Yet, that voice felt exactly how it did in my dreams.

Maybe it was a dream and the call never came. 

I thought about what her message of yesterday read, It is never too late for a day to change so be ready for every moment.

And my birthday changed at the very last moment.

I considered calling Harry at that very moment, he was probably dropping Marilyn off right now. After debating whether I should or not call him, I decided to do so. 

He picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?" He said into the phone as soon as he picked up.

"Where are you?" I said without greetings.

"I just dropped Marilyn and now I am heading home, why?" He questioned.

"Can you like come over at this very moment?" I said.

He sighed "I will be there in ten" 

"No way" Harry said when I told him what actually happened.

"It must be someone else Archer, maybe your heart wants it to be her and so it's making you think it was her" He told me.

I knew he was right. There was no way he could be her. But then why?

"But who would wish me at the very last moments of my birthday?" I replied.

"That is yet to be known" Harry said.

Harry slept over that night. We needed lots of sleep with everything that was happening, but sleep once again didn't come to me.

Walking into the school the next day, we could hear the murmurs and low voices talking about something that we couldn't quiet catch.

It turned out half of them were talking about the micky mouse bra of Kierra, and the video that went viral on the whole internet now. But the other half was discussing something actually serious. It was about some new guy in the college.

From what I heard, the guy was extremely good looking but at the same time kind. That was rare.

It was recess when a really weird thing happened. Ever since we did that prank on Kierra, we started sitting on the table with Marilyn. Just the three of us. However, that day we were joined by one new person that I had never seen before.

"Marilyn?" He said when he was standing right in front of the our table.

"No way" Marilyn's eyes went wide open with surprise as she saw the person who was standing in front of us now, as she stood up to hug him.

"I knew someone was joining us, I never knew it was you" She looked pretty surprised.

"Well, surprise?" He said once again hugging her.

"Mind if I join you guys?" He said as he took a seat without waiting for the answer.

"These are my friends" Marilyn introduced in a very poor way, however the guy bought his hand forward for us to shake it.