Chapter 8 - Other Half

The alarm clock started ringing and I grunted.

"Wake up Archer, you're going to be late" My mom said as she walked into my room completely unaware of the fact that I hadn't slept last night at all.

"Okay" I said, but when she was gone I closed my eyes and dozed back to sleep.

She's walking right up to me. With a white coat and black hat on she makes her way to me across the room. Her dark red lipstick on.

The room is mostly empty and it's just the two of us except for a few other people who are to focused on their own work.

"Evelyn" I say once she is really close to me but she silences me by embracing me in a tight hug.

"I knew you would come Archer. Even If it was not possible for you to come to me, I knew you would find a way. Even if it was as unreal as a dream" She said and then she let go of me.

"Wha-what do you mean?"  I asked her. What did she mean?

"It's time for me to go. You came to me and I am thankful for that. But now I must go because.." She stopped.

"Because?" I asked.

"Because" She whispered "It's time for you to wake up"

Then out of no where, her skin turned into tiny little numerous papers that were flying all over the room now. There were so many of those papers that I had to close my eyes. And when I opened my eyes again, I was sitting in my bed sweating.

Another dream.

Since the incident happened I have been regularly having dreams about Evelyn. Weird dreams actually, just like this one.

I glanced at the clock just to realize that I was way too late for school now. It was 10'o clock now and due to the fact that I hardly slept last night I could still sleep forever.

I never missed school but something in me told me to do so today. It might have been the fact that I was supposed to read the next page of the diary at thirty minutes past ten.

I walked downstairs to realize that the television was on. I was at first scared and suspicious of who would be in the house at this time? Mom and dad were supposed to be at work.

Grabbing the hockey stick that we had used last night to smash Chads car I made my way to the room, this time ready to smash someones head probably.

I walked into the room and saw a head of a person sitting on a couch facing the television that was facing me.

I was about to swing the bat and take a hit but at the same time the person turned and my eyes went wide.

"Harry?" I almost shouted.

"Oh, Hello" He said as he smiled.

"I almost hit you" I said.

"I can see that" He said, eyeing the bat.

"What are you doing here?" I said finally putting the bat down.

"I called you but you weren't picking up so I came here, thought I'd pick you. Your mom told me you were sleeping. I told her I'll wake you up she can leave" He shrugged.

"You didn't wake me up?" I said which came out more like a question.

"Exactly" He winked at me "You needed sleep"

"The break fast is on the table" He told me as I walked into the kitchen.

"Who are you, my mom?" I smiled as I shouted back.