Chapter 12 - Turn Around

On the date of Nineteenth of August, two really weird things happened to me. And I believe that both of those things changed every thing completely.

The first thing happened when my day had barely started. When I walked into my room, I could see someone climbing out of my window in a rush.

My instincts told me to scream thief, but when my eyes met the note lying on the top of my desk I decided not to. Before noticing what the paper was, I ran towards my window to see who the guy was but he was no where to be seen now.

Whoever he was, was good at this.

Turning around, my heart beating fast in my chest, I grabbed the paper lying on top of my desk now. It read this.

"Dear Archer,

I know I told you not to read the diary until twenty fourth of August. But, that doesn't mean that we can't get to talk right? I hope you figured out the hint that I left in the last message of mine. Because honestly, this one is going to be more than worth it. You will be finding more than just clues or hints if you make it there. So best of luck, and remember that company never hurts. Oh and I hope you won't mind paying Freud Museum another visit. P.s, good job taking revenge on Kierra and Chad, I will be forever thankful to you for that

Love, Eve"

There was not a single doubt in my heart that the paper was left here by the person who I just saw running out of my window. 

Fear was dwelling inside my chest now. Who was that guy? Why did he leave a paper that said it was written by Evelyn. Was he pretending to be Evelyn? Because Evelyn was dead, she couldn't know about the present. And just how in the world did the guy know about the diary if he did write this letter himself?

There were so many questions going in my mind that I felt like my head will explode. I had no idea what to do, it was really really weird. I knew I couldn't handle it on my own, so I -- just like always -- ended up calling Harry.

"Come over" He said "And bring the paper"

"Alright" I said into the phone before I grabbed the paper and the keys to my moms small family van.

"Wow" Harry said once I told him everything.

"I know, Wow" I said.

"Are you sure you didn't see who it was?" Harry asked.

"No. I forgot what his face looked like. My memory is just too weak" I muttered sarcastically.

Harry just stared at me before saying "I would come up with a really amazing come back but I am too busy doing what you should be doing too. Thinking" He said, and it itself was a comeback.

"When do we leave for Alabama?" I asked him.

"Are you sure you want to go Archer?" He asked me.

"Yes, we will be fine Harry" I said, though I wasn't so sure about that. I've never done something like that before.

"How about we leave the morning of Friday then and come back on the weekend? This way we won't be missing school either?" He suggested and I agreed quickly.

"She also said we should keep company" I pointed out.

"We don't know if it's really her who said that Archer" Harry said.

"I know, but maybe Evelyn asked this guy to leave us this paper before she was gone" I said, and then realized how ridiculous the idea actually sounded.

"Who are we taking with us? We will have each others company after all" Harry said.

"I doubt it's enough. Besides we don't know where exactly we are going in Alabama now do we? Only one person does" I suggested.

"So we're taking Mario along" Harry guessed and it came out more like a statement.

"We will have to tell him everything then" He said later.

"I don't know. I have a feeling it will be worth it" I said and he sighed.

"Call him then" He finally agreed.

He picked up on the fourth ring and I asked him to come here as soon as he can, because we had something to tell him. Thankfully he didn't ask much questions and said he will be at the address he was given by me in a few minutes.

There was a lot to tell to Mario. I didn't know how to begin, once he was sitting right in front of us eager to hear what we had to tell her.

But once I started telling him about the dream I had the first night she left us, words easily started flowing out of my mouth. Mario was a great listener as he never interrupted me in between. But once I was done telling him everything he couldn't believe it.

"No way" He said "I don't believe you people" 

"Not even if I show you the diary?" I said as I took out the diary from my bag.

"Why don't you just go ahead and read all the pages. It will help you find out everything easily?" He suggested.

"No, I don't want to risk it. What if it lands us in a situation where we never end up solving it all? I can't risk that" I told him.

"Yeah, as if we never thought of it" I heard Harry mutter from beside me, so that only I could hear.

Mario smiled at me "You loved her" He stated.

"Huh?" I asked him.

"You loved her, still do. It's obvious" He smiled at me.

"Is it possible to love someone that I've never talked to?" I questioned.

"It clearly is" He said.

Maybe I did love her.

"When do we leave then?" He asked.

"Friday's midnight. That comes after your party. We will be leaving around three am" I informed.

He nodded.

The second weird thing that happened to me was definitely some cruel game god was playing on me. Because I believe it changed a lot of things. In the past, present and as well as future.

Because when I walked back into the house I saw the person I hadn't seen since the first day, along with my parents and Evelyn's parents.

Detective John. It was same as I saw them the first day when I heard that Evelyn has committed suicide.

"Come in Archer" My mother called and I walked in to the room, as I fixed my spectacles.

"Hello Archer" Detective John said as he shook my hand "I have found out something that might surprise you"

"What is it" I managed to ask, I was beyond scared.

"Evelyn never committed suicide" He said "She was murdered"