Chapter 4 - The Museum

Everything that I had worked for so far. Everything that I thought was going to happen. Everything that I had imagined from all the way back to when I read the page in Evelyn's diary to the moment I was knocking on this door literally evaporated. Vanished. Gone.

Because the first clue that I had from Evelyn was now of no use, just like she warned me. He was dead. And it feels like I walked one step forward but two steps behind.

"We lost two lives within a short period" The principle said in the morning assembly as we all gathered in the hall. "And that isn't anything small. That is exactly why we are inviting professionals to visit our college and console all of us. They are going to respectively be talking to each and every one of you guys. You all are expected to co-operate with them. Now, five minutes of complete silence in respect to Evelyn Mosby and Eric Turner" He finished as he looked down, along with all of us.

I already had enough on my mind and the last thing I needed now was the pressure of people asking me if I want to kill myself too or not. I do not at the moment, but if they ask me that I swear I actually might want to kill myself for real.

Evelyn knew that Eric was going to commit suicide today. She knew it, and she also knew that he was going to do it at four'o clock exactly on the day of Tuesday. How exactly could she know though? She was gone and there was no way she could be in contact with her now. 

The only possibility was that they had this conversation when Evelyn was here. Maybe Eric told her then about it. But why didn't she do anything about him though? Did she not care enough?

"Head back to your classes" The headmaster said as everyone in the hall started walking towards their respective classes.

"Are you sure you don't want to come Archer?" Harry asked for the hundredth time as he caught up with me.

"Yes Harry, I am very sure" I told him getting annoyed by his insistence.

"Okay, we go tomorrow. If you change your mind let me know" He sighed before he left.

He really wanted me to come, I could tell. We were not spending much time together but how was I supposed to manage everything all at once? I wasn't that great.

Another thing that was bothering me was the fact that the Detective from that day must be up to something too. He could find a clue before I do, and nothing seems to be worse than that right now. Other than him finding my diary of course, that Evelyn left for only me to read.

I lay in my bed reading the book she gave me late till two that night because that was exactly the time I was supposed to open the next page of the diary. As the clock hit two, I lazily opened the diary once again.

"Dear Archer,

I hope it all ended well, if it didn't it's all fine. Because that wasn't the only chance you were getting. I award you one more chance. Freud Museum. If you go to this place, I am sure you will be able to find something out about me. Don't you want to know about me Archer? If you are still reading this diary like you are supposed to, that means you've done enough already. And who have you done all of that  for Archer? A girl that never talked to you before? Are you sure about it? Think about it Archer. And then do pay a visit to the museum, might or might not be worth it. Also, I am sorry for the loss of Eric.

Love, Eve"

All my doubts of weather Evelyn knew about Eric turned true. She was gone, but she knew that around this time Eric would be gone too.