Chapter 19 - Evelyn Mosby

"Hello Archer" Evelyn said.

"It's you again" I said "Why won't you just stop coming in my dreams already? you're gone anyway" 

"It feels good to know I appear in your dreams" She said as she took a seat on the couch in front of my bed.

Her voice was so deep and husky that it felt unreal.

"It isn't fair. It isn't fair how you played with me and I am still here dreaming about you" I said, frustrated.

"Open your eyes Archer, this isn't a dream" She smirked at me.

"I will close my eyes, and when I open them again you will be gone" I said, confident that it was a dream.

She said nothing but stood there smiling at me.

I closed my eyes. One...two...three. 

I opened my eyes again expecting her to be vanished but found her sitting right where she was about three seconds before. Goosebumps were formed on my arms as I realized it was no dream.

Evelyn Mosby was standing in front of me.

She continued to smile at me, her dark red lipstick on. "Want to go on a walk with me?" 

We were walking in the middle of the road with no cars to be seen, since it was midnight now.

I still couldn't bring myself to believe that this was reality and not a dream.

"I have so many questions" I said.

"You will get the answers to all of them Archer. Be patient" She said.

"No, I can't be patient anymore" I said, as I stopped walking and turned to face her.

"Is this a game to you Evelyn? Are you aware of all the damage you caused? How many people you've actually hurt playing this stupid game or whatever it was of yours?" I said. 

I was getting mad now. I always wanted to find Evelyn and planned to talk to her, but never had I imagined our first conversation to be like this.

She looked at me for a brief second, before turning away and continuing to walk.

"Did you not hear me?" I said as I caught up with her, but she was staring at a building right in front of us.

A tall building made of complete glass. It was exactly as I saw it in my dream one night, in which I talked to Evelyn. We were here, right in this building. I imagined it even though I had never seen it before.

 She walked inside the building and I followed, having no idea where she was leading us to.

She kept walking and I kept following, until we were in a room. 

The room was exactly where I had the conversation with Evelyn in my dreams. 

"I've been here" I said as she continued walking forward to the corner of the room "In my dreams" I finished and she chuckled.

She stared out side the glassy wall of the building and I stood beside her now, doing the same.

"Do you realize" She finally said "How many people that you meet each day in your life are fighting through the battles we don't even know about? How many people want to just end their lives because they don't see a purpose in living it. And all the other people don't see that, they don't see that someone is in need of help. That certain someone needs to be saved. Trust me Archer, if we knew what the others were going through we would be so much more kind to them"