Chapter 17 - Trip Ends

The next hour consisted of me driving the car --- since Mario has been driving since midnight and needed rest -- and all of us singing songs along with the radio.

I glanced at my watch, it was nine'o clock. I sighed.

Just eight more hours until we were in Alabama. She warned us not to be late, so I was going to do everything to be on time. While driving, I thought about all the things I knew about Evelyn now.

I looked back to when I was just another person with crush on Evelyn Mosby, the most popular girl of the school. And now here I was, travelling to another state without even informing my parents about it. 

Never would anyone even in their wildest dreams imagine someone like me doing this. If someone would have told me in the past that I would be doing this in the future, I would have laughed at him. 

I looked on the road ahead of me, and hoped that it would lead me to Evelyn.

The last eight hours passed something like this.

Eight Hours To Go.. 

"Good morning everyone" A voice said from the back seat, and we realized that Ben was up now finally.

"At last" Marilyn said.

"You have caused us a lot of trouble Ben" I told him, still driving the car.

I caught a look of him from the rear view mirror and I could see that he felt extremely guilty of what he did.

"I am sorry" He said, scratching the back of his neck "My friends just forced me to drink a lot"

"You think?" Mario said.

"On the positive side, there are only eight hours left before we reach there" I told him and he smiled.

"How much water did you guys even give me?" He said.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"I need to pee" He said.

We all groaned in union.

Seven Hours to go..

"Let's make a deal" Marilyn said out of nowhere, after a few minutes of silence.

"What sort of deal?" Harry asked.

"We know that when we are back, the following weekend will be our graduation. How about we write each others graduation speeches?" She smiled, proud of her idea.

"We can make it as bad as we want for fun" Mario suggested.

"And they can't suspend us because we're already going out of the college" Ben added.

"When are we making our stop?" Harry questioned.

It was planned that we would make a stop at a suitable place where we all would rest for an hour.

"In around two hours" I told him.

"That's too much" Ben said "I really need to pee"

Six Hours to go..  

"Change the song, I am not singing along to Miley Cyrus anymore" Ben complained.

"We don't have many other CD's" Marilyn told him.

"I.Won't.Sing.Along" Ben pouted like a child.

"What are you, twelve?" Marilyn replied.

"This is getting boring" Harry suggested "Let's play would you rather"