Chapter 7 - Evelyn's Revenge

"You haven't been sleeping, have you?" Harry said as the bell rang, signalling the time for recess.

We made our way to the cafeteria.

"I have actually, just not a lot" I shrugged.

"What are you doing on nights? Your eyes are really red" He stated.

"I am reading Paper Towns" I told him.

"Oh" He sighed. "Well what is it about?" 

"A girl who ran away from her house for the umpteenth time, leaving clues and hints for a guy who ends up finding her along with his group of friends at the end but not easily at all" I explained it as shortly as I could.

"Seems good to me" He shrugged and I agreed.

But I knew there was a message hidden in this for sure. I just wish I knew what it was.

"Hey I just remembered something" Harry said, his mouth full of food.

I almost complained but then decided against it.

"What are your plans on your birthday? It's only three days away now" He reminded me.

"Really? I completely forgot" I lied.

"Sure you did" He said sarcastically.

It's not like I didn't like birthdays, In fact I was actually very fond of them. It was just that I didn't feel like celebrating it this time which I didn't know the reason behind.

After the school was over we made our way to Harry's car. Once we were seated I opened my school bag to take out the diary that was sitting their safely.

"It's three'o clock we can open it now" Harry said.

It was always in my mind how I was supposed to be reading this diary on my own and not with someone at all, even if he was my best friend. But at the same time I realized that if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have come this far with all of this. I started reading what was written on the page.

"Dear Archer,

I know you must have solved the mystery and met Ben. You were always smart, no doubts about that. Do you feel like you know me now? After getting to know all the little things that you did, you must feel like you know much about me. However, there is still some of me left. Some part of me that you and no one knows at all. So stay with me for a little bit more longer. I bet you are having fun though Archer. If you're not, then maybe you will now. Because I am about to teach you what fun is. I want you to do me a favor Archer. I am gone now, and I can't come back. But you're still there. I need you to take my revenge. I need you to find Chad Alger. And I need you to take my revenge on him. He cheated on me last year and embarrassed me in front of the whole school. He thought I forgave him which I didn't. Do this for me please Archer, do it for the neighbor of yours that is gone now. And I am sure, you will have fun.

Love, Eve"

"Wow" I said when I ended up reading this.

"So are we doing it?" Harry said looking at me.

I thought for a few seconds before replying.

"We've come quiet a long way to quit now, haven't we?"

Harry was supposed to be over at my house around three at midnight and then we were going to sneak out of the house and drive over to where Chad lived.