Chapter 15 - Final Call

Part 3/3 : Alive Girl

Chapter 15 - Final Call

It was all set, I glanced at the clock and it read two twenty am. I had ten minutes before I would be on the road. 

I had told my parents earlier that I will be spending the weekend over Harry's house so they don't need to worry about me. They always insist on me to go out of house anyway, so they didn't push it. Which I was thankful for.

I grabbed my bag and threw all the stuff that I thought would be important in it. We did plan to make stops on our way to Alabama to gather the supplies and stuff. I grabbed the map, my money and other things before throwing them in my bag quickly.

Once that was done, I knew it was time to go. Making my way downstairs, I grabbed the keys to my mom's mini van which had two front seats, then a seat for three people in mid, and then again a seat for three people in back.

My first stop was supposed to Marilyn's house since it was the closest to my house. It was decided that by two thirty all five of them will be out of their own houses, ready for me to pick them. Except for Mario, who was spending the night at Marilyn's house.

The reason being that his house was in the other corner of the state, and we couldn't risk wasting that much time. Who knew what would it be like if we were late?

As soon as I was on the road in front of Marilyn's house, the headlights of my car shined on two people standing right there wearing their bags.

Marilyn waved at me, as if I could not see her.

I stopped the car and they both hopped in.

"Next stop, Ben's house" Marilyn cheered.

Was it just me or was she extremely cheerful?

Even though the first pick up was done very smoothly, the rest two pick ups gave us a lot of trouble. First it was Harry's turn.

When I took the car in front of his house there was no sign of him. I sighed.

"We will have to wake him up" I said.

"We can't afford to waste a single minute Archer, you know what it is like" Mario explained, but there was no other way now. 

"Take the driver seat, be ready to rush" I told Mario as I and Marilyn made our way out of the car.

"We're going to have to climb the window" I said and looked at her.

"Just because I am a girl, doesn't mean I can't climb a window" She whined, reading my look.

"If you say so" I smiled "You go first"

She actually did it very smoothly and once was inside the room, was looking down at me with a very proud look.

"Give me a hand" I said as she lend me a hand and helped me in.

"So much for gender equality" She rolled her eyes.

We could see a figure sleeping on the bed in the darkness of the room.

"Wake up Harry" I said turning the room light on, knowing very well where the switch on.

As soon as I turned the lights on Marilyn let out a high pitch scream, which was probably more than enough to wake Harry's parents up if our luck was bad. Which thankfully wasn't.

I turned around quickly to see what it was and saw Marilyn with her hand in front of her eyes.

Harry was on his bed, asleep --- naked.