Chapter 13 - Another Suicide

Chapter 13 - Another suicide.

"Murder?" I gasped.

Detective John just stared at me. Something about his firm look was making me feel like he knew that I was keeping something very secretive to myself, something like the diary.

"How do you know?" I questioned.

"Will Vladimir" He told me taking a photo out of his pocket "Was said to be in the prison for two years and was set free recently. He was said to have some serious issues with Evelyn since she was the one who ended up sending him to prison, according to our sources. We caught him once, but he wasn't willing to answer any of our questions. Before we could force him to do so, he found a chance to run away, not for long though" He finished, before whispering the next words "Because I am going to find him very, very soon"

The picture he was holding showed a blonde guy who was probably twenty year old, his skin color was fair and his face would have been attractive if his nose didn't look like it was broken at least three times before.

"I-I will just go to my room" I stuttered before I ran upwards without a single glance at them again.

Evelyn was murdered? How? If she was murdered, did she already know that she was going to be murdered because according to her diary she knew she would be dead by then. There was no way this was a murder.

Or maybe -- my inner voice debated -- the diary was never written by Evelyn. It was written by Will, or whoever the murderer actually was. Maybe he was just trying to make it seem like Evelyn committed suicide. 

That would also explain why Evelyn would pick someone like me to read the diary. 

But yet, I couldn't bring myself to believe that it was all a lie. During this time, I had felt so close to Evelyn that something in my heart is telling me that it was definitely Evelyn and no one else.

Just as it was decided, Harry showed up around seven'o clock of night to pick me up. The message on the paper by Evelyn also read that we had to pay a visit to Freud Museum. We don't really know if it was Evelyn who wrote it, but we decided to go their anyway.

"Does Mario know about this?" Harry asked me, as I sat in the passenger seat.

"No" I said and he nodded.

On our way to the place, I explained how detective John said it was a murder and not a suicide.

"That is impossible. That will mark all our effort as a waste" He said.

"Exactly" I  agreed.

"Did you find out who it was who called you the other night" He asked me out of nowhere.

"I didn't" I told him "But I still believe that it was Evelyn"

"It can't be her" Harry looked pissed off now "She was fuckin' murdered clearly"

"We don't know that yet, Detective's information looks like utter shit to me right now" I shouted at him.

"We know nothing then and that means that after all the effort and stuff we did" Harry shouted, before saying the next words in his normal voice again "We're back on the first page"

And he was right, it did feel like we were back on the very first page.

The car came to a stop right in front of the museum.

"It's still as old and ancient as it used to be" I said stupidly.

"Yeah" Harry said sarcastically "It has been so many years since we lasted visited it, they should have modified it by now"