Chapter 14 - Mario's Party

We continued sitting in a weird silence for another ten minutes or so.

After Will had jumped I didn't waste another moment, and immediately ran downstairs. I knew it was hardly possible but maybe Will would survive and just have a few --- or a lot --- of his bones broken.

But when we reached down, we saw a lot of people gathered around where Will was lying. Forcing our way forward me and Harry were standing right in front of the body now which was covered completely in blood.

There was no doubt about it. He was dead.

After a while we both ended up back in our car, but we never started it and just sat their in silence.

"He knew it all about Evelyn" I said finally, breaking the ice.

"He knew it all, and we lost him too now" I sighed.

"First Eric and now him" Harry agreed.

"I think our only last hope is Alabama now" I said and he nodded at me.

"At least now we know that Evelyn wasn't murdered" Harry said.

He was right. Despite that all was happening, it was good to know that no one was after her life and all that she did to her self, she did in her conscious.

I finally turned the car on and put my foot on the accelerator.

Laying in the bed that night I couldn't stop myself from thinking about what Will had said before he jumped. I tried my best to think about the last line from Evelyn's first message.

All good except for the part that when you get this, I'll be gone forever. 

What could he possibly be hinting at? She said that she will be gone when I will get that diary, and she is gone. This all just seemed too weird to me.

Weirder than anything before.

When I couldn't bring myself to think what the hint actually was in it, I closed my eyes and forced myself to sleep. This time, sleep didn't deceive me.

It was midnight, everything was dark except for the lamp played on my side table. Something told me suddenly that I wasn't alone in the room anymore.

Following the feeling, I immediately opened my eyes and turned my head left towards the window and just as I thought, a person was there climbing inside of my window.

Just that it wasn't a guy. For a few seconds, I kept looking at her to identify who it actually was before realization came to me.

Who else could it be, except for Evelyn herself.

She climbed my window and was then inside the room, making her way to my bed where I was sitting now.

"Evelyn" I breathed out.

"Just thought I'd say hello" She said as she finally took a seat on the couch opposite to my bed and made herself comfortable.

"Why do you keep coming?" I asked her, getting angry now.

"To let you know that you're not alone" She smiled at me.

"But you're gone. You're not here. And maybe I am alone, but how would you know?" I spat angrily.

"Maybe I would know. Why else would I come every night in your dream?" She said.

And she was right, it was a dream after all.