Chapter 5 - Second Chances

I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes emphasized the fact that I haven't slept right for a long time now.

I glanced at the black dress that I was wearing. It was the time for Eric's funeral. I honestly never knew Eric and never even talked to him even though we did share many classes together. Still, a part of me was yelling at me to go to his funeral. Maybe because he was related to Evelyn.

Maybe because he had all the answers that I was looking for. I was supposed to be back from the funeral around four'o clock and that was also the time I was supposed to read the next page, with Harry who was going to come to my house from the funeral.

He didn't want to go but he was coming along with me.

After visiting the museum and finding out all that I did Evelyn I somehow felt like I know her now. As if I had known her all along even. 

Making way to the field that the funeral was held at, I saw lots of seats and people sitting their. A coffin was placed in the very front in which Eric lied peacefully probably.

During the event many people came to the front and talked about Eric. People were in tears. I could hear Eric's mom crying from where I was sitting. She was sitting about five seats left to me.

"He's gone. At such a young age. I don't know why he would commit suicide. He didn't seem to have much problems. Oh god what will we do" She chocked "She was the only source of income after his dad. He went to job after studies, what will we do?"

And I could see that the answer of her question lied in her own statements.

It's never too late to imagine what's not there, or to do what you never thought you will. Because that is how life becomes fun -E. 

Evelyn's words flashed in my mind. Everything is not as it seems, it definitely isn't. 

The thing with broken clocks is that we can easily tell that they're broken when they stop ticking. It isn't so easy to that with people, we never know when they're broken.

"Open it up" Harry said handing me the diary. He seemed more eager than me which was impossible.

I opened the page that was listed under the date and diary of today. I read what was written out loud so that Harry could hear too.

"Dear Archer,

I hope the trip to the museum was worth it. I am sure that you must have find out stuff about me that you never really knew before since we never talked. Now, since you have been playing this game fair and square I have a gift for you again. Don't you think we all deserve second chances? If it didn't work with Eric, I guess it will this time. Though this time, the information is not going to be so valid and clear. People always say you're smart Archer. Let's see if you really are now. Solve the riddle, and the answer will be right in front of you.

Love, Eve"

And at the end of the page, there was a riddle or poem written that read.

If you want to find about me,

Learn this poem from your heart.

It won't be too big,

It's divided into only three parts.
Open your mind and you will see,

The first part rhymes with Glee.

The second part appears twice in week and once in year,

You've come pretty far if you're still here.

I'll give you a hint, these parts make a man
Take the last part from the end of a hen.

The answer also belongs to a cartoon,

Even though it has three parts it ends as ten.  

"Just what in the world is this?" Harry exclaimed.

"A riddle. We have to solve it. We can do this together right?" I asked, bracing myself.

"Let's do it part by part yeah?" He said and I nodded.

I read the first part out loud : 

Open your mind and you will see, 

The first part rhymes with Glee.

"There are only so many words that rhyme with Glee. Be, Tree, See, He, She and the list  goes on and on" I said.

"Let's do the second part first?" Harry offered and I nodded again.

Moving on to the second part, I read.

The second part appears twice in week and once in year, 

"What appears twice in a week and once in a year?" I asked myself.

"E. The letter E." Harry exclaimed again as if he just won a lottery, which in this case was pretty similar to.

"Maybe the parts are supposed to be letters then" I said.

"What letter rhymes with Glee then, coming back to the first part?" Harry asked.

"The letter B" I grinned.

"We're getting close and closer" He grinned too.

"Okay last part. It says it makes a name of man, a person. What is supposed to be at the end of hen? tail?" Harry questioned.

"Do you really think the answer will be betail Harry? That doesn't make sense" I told him.

"It says at the end of the poem, the answer is also a cartoon and ends with ten?" He said and looked at me.

As we realized it at the same time, our eyes went wide with realization.

"BEN TEN" We both screamed at same time.

"We're supposed to take N from the end of hen" 

"So the answer is Ben?" I asked.

"But who exactly is Ben? There must be so many Ben's" I asked him, confused.

"I know what Ben she is talking about" Harry said "Remember Ben Radar? He and Evelyn were rumored to be dating a little while ago" 

I looked at him. Harry had been a great help.

"Lets find Ben Radar then" I said and he nodded.

My heart was full with expectations and hope all over again, and I really hoped that things will turn out find this time.