Chapter 16 - Trip Begins

"How long before we will be on the highway?" I asked Mario, who was driving my car.

"About fifteen minutes" He said glancing at his watch.

"Take out the map" He told me.

I did as I was told, taking out the map I started guiding him according to the lines that we had already drawn.

Fifteen more minutes before we will be on the highway that leads us out of this state. I took a deep breath. 

"What's that?" Marilyn said, peeking from between both the forward seats and saw headlights coming our way.

"Let me guess" Harry said and then pretended to think before he said sarcastically "A vehicle"

"Well it isn't just a vehicle" I said "It's a police car"

"There is no way we have time for this" Mario groaned.

We saw the car stop our way, forcing us to stop in our tracks. A police officer got out of his car and came our way.

"Everyone, stay silent and act normal. Let me do the talking" Mario told us.

"Hello" The officer said as he came to the drivers window.

The officer had something wrong with his face. I don't mean to say that in any offensive way, but there was something really weird about his face. The structure maybe, or the positioning of nose on it, but something definitely made it different and weird.

"Hi" Mario smiled politely.

The officer was about to say something but was disturbed by a voice coming from behind of the van.

A head peeked from the middle seat, coming forward to talk to officer.

It was the drunk Ben.

"I am so sorry officer, I don't mean to offend you" He took a pause and then said, in his drunk voice "But It looks like your face caught fire and someone tried to put it out with a hammer"

That seemed to piss the officer off, if he wasn't going to stop us for long before he sure as hell was now.

"Will you shut up?" Marilyn groaned from beside him.

Harry was in the passenger seat, while I was stuck between Marilyn and Ben.

"I am just saying if I had a face like him, I would sue my pants" He said and all five other pairs of eye shot a warning look at him but he wasn't stopping any time soon.

"I'd give him a nasty look, but he already got one" He said before clapping his hands once loudly and laughing on his own joke.

"Is this guy drunk?" The officer said.

"He's just high on his pills, issued by the doctor" Mario excused.

"Where are you all headed to?" He asked.

"Hogwarts" Ben said.

"The state of Alabama" I quickly said and the police officer nodded, rolling his eyes at the stupidity of Ben.

"I swear, throw him out of the car" Harry said once we were on the road again.

"I agree actually" I agreed.

Only if we could though.

"How do we get Ben out of his drunk state?" I said.

The clock was about to hit five now, we have been on the road for about two hours.