Lucian

"Alec!" I panicked and unfurled my own wings before I could worry about any observers. I took off and up, trying to follow his rapid wing beats. I lost him behind a cloud and circled around, trying to see where he would go. I landed in the forest, only to see Stuart throw Alec against a tree causing a deep gash to appear. Stuart then built a circle of fire around Alec that was taller than the both of us. It was more like a wall that circled around.

"As you can see, I have a few tricks of my own" I looked helplessly at the passed out Alec and turned my fury onto Stuart.

"Who the hell are you" I growled.

"Allow me to introduce my real self. Call me Lucian. And as you know, we aren't exactly on the same side. I'm also stronger than you'll ever be, little one. You're merely sixteen to my two centuries. You can't possibly hope to beat me"

"Maybe not, but I can sure as hell try" Without thought, I focused with all my might and flung him against the tree, the same thing he had done to Alec and watched with a certain sense of satisfaction as he slumped against it. That feeling quickly faded though when I heard a low chuckle and he put his head up.

"Is that all you've got? This is going to be easier than I thought" He brought his hand up into almost a fist and I felt the ground shake beneath me. The earth was splitting apart and Alec was right on the crack. I watched as he fell through, crying in desperation.

"No" I breathed. Following my instincts I dove through the ring of fire and into the Earth. Alec was falling fast and I had no hope of saving him if he hit the ground.

I flew faster than I ever had before and I could feel my strength and energy waning. The earth was narrowing and I hit my wing against a rock, causing severe pain to travel up my spine. But I kept going until I could reach for Alec's had and then his torso and I carried him out. I set him on land and cried out in pain, inspecting my broken wing.

"Alec, run" I said through gritted teeth. Lucian was about to go after him when I attacked him from behind and we landed in a pile on the ground. He violently shook me off and threw me to the edge of the crack. He then held me by the throat and I struggled to breathe. His hair and clothes were torn and singed in some parts, he looked crazy and disheveled with hatred.

"Now what are you going to do?" he slammed my head against the grass and a throbbing pain went through it. My vision was slowly turning black when I looked into his eyes

"Go to hell" I spit on his face, momentarily distracting him as I brought up my legs from underneath me and with a push he fell through the crack, tumbling down through open air. I slowly and painfully stood up, gathering all my strength left and focused on my Will. Slowly, the earth began to seal itself up again and I could hear his screams as he fell. And then, with no strength left, I fell to the ground and everything went black.