Chapter 2: Into the Caty Mountains

After burning down the City of Flames, we were unsure of exactly where we were going, what we were doing, or how to find the Key of Light. So, we just walked.

"Where should we go?" I asked.

"I don't know," Feather said, shrugging.

"Well then, we just might be searching for this Key of Light for the rest of our lives."

Feather nodded in agreement. "Do you know where we are headed?" he asked.

"Nope." I sighed, and stared at the ground, thinking. Feather did the same.

"This is hopeless," I moaned. "We have no clue where we are going-" I never got to finish the complaint because I had bumped onto a sign. Who randomly sticks a sign in the middle of the road?

"It says 'welcome to the Caty Mountains. Beware the wolf bats, they don't like anything'."

"What does that mean?" I asked Feather.

"It means," said a voice behind us, "That the wolf bats like to eat anything and everything that is foolish enough to cross its path."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"None of your business," she answered, "But what are you doing here?"

"None of YOUR business."

"Well you have no right to walk into my home!" she cried.

I looked to my left. Then to my right. "I don't see any house here."

She slapped me.

"Ow!!! What was that for?!"

"You're in my home!"

"What? Is it invisible?"

"Uh," said Feather, "Is this the time for a history lesson?"

"NO!" I shouted.

"You see, a long time ago creatures called wolf bats wandered Silvan. The original rulers of this place threw them into these mountains. They were watched by the Caty family and still are. You a descendant of them, aren't you?"

She softened. "Yes. My name is Holly."

"Mine is Windex. This is Feather."

"And?"

"We are here because we are officially on the run from the forces of darkness, which probably wants us to pay very bad for the damage done to the City Of Flames."

"What?" she asked, confused.

"We basically burned down a city, so my brother will probably desire our heads on a plate."

"That doesn't sound very appetizing."

"Nevermind. The emperor wants us dead, ok?"

"But, what do you do around here?" I asked.

"Not much really. I watch the wolf bats, they try to eat me, I run away, I go to the old ones, you know, the really lazy ones that sleep all day and night."

"Why do you go to them if their always sleeping?" I asked.

"Because of what they do when they aren't sleeping."

"You mean eating? Sleeping?"

"NO!" Holly cried. "Even though Wolf bats are evil, they are still legendary!"

"What?"

"A few examples of legendary creatures are dragons, wolf bats, and Moon ferrets," Feather said.