Chapter 10: I Meet My Spiritual Advisor

****Chapter 10****

"We're all doomed," Pledge moaned. "No food, no water, we're going to die!!!"

"What? What was that? We are NOT going to die"

"Yes, you are," I said.

"Shut up."

"By me."

"No weapons for you."

"I AM GOING TO DESTROY YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!" I screamed.

"Shut up," said Feather, suddenly appearing out of nowhere. "We don't have time for your problems. We've got to get out of here before Flower destroys the world above us."

"Hey look!!" Pledge suddenly cried. "Flowers!"

"What?"

"Yay!" He cried, dragging me towards a field of flowers.

"DON'T!" Feather screamed.

Too late. Pledge was too far away to hear. He jumped into the flowers, causing me to hit my head and get knocked out.

"PLEDGE! GET OUT OF THERE!" he screamed.

Pledge was too busy laughing to hear. He opened his mouth, about to eat a flower when a loud noise startled him. He looked up to see a horse coming at him.

He cocked his head, confused, and asked, "Who are you?"

"Foolish mule!" the horse cried. "Do you not know anything? You do not eat these flowers unless you want a quick and painful death!"

"Oh."

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"Feather cried, running up. "I told you not to eat anything! And the way you came bounding in here, you could have hurt Windex!"

"Are you in charge of this mule?"

"Mule? He's a dragon."

"But based on his personality, he is a mule."

"What... Never mind."

The horse sighed, shook his head, and then sort of sat down. (or do they kneel?)

"Are you made of fire?" Pledge asked.

"Yes, young mule."

"Then why do the flowers not burn?"

"Because it's magical fire," the horse said as though this was obvious. "The Fire of Hope, as it is called."

"The Fire of Hope? Does that mean that you are..."

"Yes."

"Who is he? What am I missing?" Pledge asked.

"What's happening?" I moaned, waking up.

"A horse saved my life."

"And you somehow think that I care?"

"If you weren't my friend, I would soooo sit on you," Pledge said.

"Hmmm... A confused young foal is he?"

"More like a mad foal," Holly said, walking up.

"And to answer your question, this is the great skeleton horse, Zingly."

"Wait, you're a skeleton horse?"

"Yes, young mule.

"But you don't look like one."

"The Fire of Hope covers me. I am the very last of my kind, you see. I got the Fire from when I was but a young foal like yourself. This fire gives me special abilities such as immortality. Which, is why I am over a hundred years old. It also allows me to travel between here and your world."