Clarification And Confessions

The dress Keerla wears

oh and lots of kissing in the chapter, near the end ;)

=

The first eight days passed rather quickly, if the company weren't eating or resting, they were training and sharpening their weapons. With Kili being oddly distant and grumpy, Keerla found herself holed up in the library or with Elladan and Elrohir. Arwen had travelled to Lothlorien, so she would not see the princess this visit.

"Keerla, it'll soon be time for dinner," Elrond said, finding her once again in the library, "And please do not wear your training clothes. You have perfectly nice dresses, wear one for me."

Grumbling curses, Keerla meandered back to her room and had a quick bath. Working some vanilla oil into her skin, she wrapped a length of material around her and pulled open her wardrobe. She had a range of dresses and gowns, but chose her favourite. It was simple and white with an underskirt of black.

It sat just off her shoulders with tight sleeves to her elbows then they split apart and fell to near enough the ground. The front laced together from her hips to her breasts, leaving a slip of the black under dress to be seen and the skirt flared to reveal more black material when she walked. 

Leaving her hair down and placing her beads in randomly, she strapped a dagger to her thigh under the dress and made her way to the dining terrace. Meanwhile Fili and Kili were tucked away in a corner of the table so no one else could hear as they argued over the latter's behaviours towards the she-elf.

"It's none of your business Fee," Kili muttered, taking a large gulp of elvish wine.

"No of course not," Fili snorted, "You have your underpants in a twist for no reason. Seriously Kee, why don't you just talk to Keerla, who knows, maybe this Estel person is an old guy that she thinks of as a father?"

"Yeah right," Kili scoffed, "You can't honestly believe that?"

But Fili didn't answer; he was too busy staring over Kili's shoulder in awe. Confused, Kili turned and felt his jaw drop. He had never seen Keerla in a dress, at least not one as fitting and beautiful as she wore now. The white gown almost glowed in the light of the setting sun, contrasting with her dark eyes and hair.

"Yeah," Fili murmured, staring at his brother as Keerla sat by Thorin and Elrond, "You really need to talk to her Kili, before those feelings of yours get out of control."

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"You look like you're about to maul her, lad," Bofur spoke up, making them both jump. Neither noticed when he had joined them, "Seriously Kili, I've seen the two of you the last few weeks, there's no way she doesn't feel the same."

Glancing between Fili and Bofur, Kili groaned, "Fine, I'll talk to her after dinner."

It was almost pitch black, and most of the dwarfs and elves had retired to their rooms when Kili finally plucked up his courage. Keerla had wandered off not long after the sun had fully gone down, but he easily found her wandering the corridors, playing with a blood red rose.

"Something wrong?" he asked, noticing her frown.

Keerla jumped, too lost in her thoughts to hear him coming. She stared at Kili, eyes showing how hurt she was, before lowering her head.

"You mean aside from you ignoring me?"

"Keerla I-"

"I just don't get it!" she interrupted him, throwing the rose to the floor, "What in the name of Middle Earth did i do to upset you? Because I've gone over everything in my mind hundreds of times and i really can't work it out!"