Left Behind

A great feast was held in the master's hall for them, while men ran around procuring weapons and armour and any supplies that would be needed for the trip. Keerla sat as far from the greedy perverted eyes of the master and his companion as she could, Fili and Kili either side of her.

"I'm not sleeping alone in this place," she muttered, noticing several guards also watching her, "Do not leave me alone."

"We won't," Fili took the hand that Kili wasn't holding, pulling it into his lap, "Kili and i will protect you."

They were given luxurious rooms for the night, though Fili and Kili snuck out of theirs once the guards were gone and joined Keerla in hers. The Master had given them night clothes, but a thin piece of gossamer lay on the floor by Keerla's door and she gave the two of them a disgusted look when they came in.

"So first i'm a harlot to the goblin King, then i'm a whore to Azog, and now what, i'm a mixture of both?" she all but snarled.

"Easy, love," Kili kissed her forehead, "Come on, there's a bath in there for you, let's get you washed. Fili and i will clean up after."

"Oh no," Fili headed for the door, "You two take your time bathing together, I'll wash in my room and come back.

Keerla laughed, pushing her pain away as she let Kili undress her. He placed her boots and knives under the bed, and her pants and tunic on a nearby chair. He eyed the half corset curiously, but managed to get it off without hurting her. He then swiftly undressed himself and scooped her up in his arms, carrying her into the bathroom with ease.

"We've never had a bath together before," he commented, climbing in and placing her between his legs, both of them immediately relaxing in the hot water, "Lakes, rivers and ponds yes, baths no."

"It's also our first time being naked together since the night of our wedding," she reminded him, tilting her head back to look into his eyes.

He smirked and leaned down, kissing her, "You're injured. Now let's get washed, we need a good rest before tomorrow."

They took their time washing each other, Kili insisted he could do it himself but Keerla was enjoying herself too much. They kissed each other and ran their hands over each other's skin but it never went further.

Once washed and dried, Kili pulled on his trousers and his socks, then helped Keerla back into all of her clothing, including her boots with the blades inside them.

"I don't trust anyone here," she told him as her reason, then held out his tunic. "We should be ready to flee at a moment's notice."

"Paranoid are we?" he asked, but dressed himself fully as well and lifted her onto the bed, lying down with her in his arms.

Fili returned twenty minutes later, also fully dressed, and cuddled up on Keerla's other side. She cringed back as something cold touched her nose, then pulled a sharp but small dagger from Fili's chest pocket.

"See, it's not just me," she told Kili, while Fili put the knife back.

"Sleep," Kili chuckled, "Both of you."

"Yes father," Fili and Keerla chimed, laughing with each other, but it didn't take long for the three of them to fall asleep.

The next morning, the guards woke them and led them to the hall for breakfast. They were given armour and weapons, Fili loaded himself on daggers and swords, Kili took the Mirkwood bow back along with a quiver of arrows, a sword and two daggers. Keerla took nothing, not even a cloak and scowled at the rest of her company as they loaded themselves with what the master offered.