The Unexpected Saviour

There was a noise outside, not close enough to be at the door, but not too far away either. Pushing Tilda gently to her brother, the oldest of the children made her way to the door.

Sigrid stepped out, looking around wearily. "Da?"

Keerla's back arched, but she managed to whimper, "Orcs," before screeching loudly.

"Sigrid get in!" Fili grabbed her, yanking her back just in time to avoid an Orc's blade taking her head off.

"Go!" Keerla cried out, pushing Kili away from her and he nodded, taking the knives from her boots as he ran to help Fili deal with the Orcs that were now pouring into the house.

The Elleth could barely make sense of what was going on, other than screams of Sigrid and Tilda and the noise of blade cutting flesh. It didn't help that every cry she gave distracted Kili, making him think she was being attacked.

The sight of a blade coming down toward her head made her shriek and she threw herself from the table, landing in a heap on the floor. Keerla scurried back, hiding under it as the orc lunged over the top to get to her. She snatched the sword from its hand and swiftly cut off its head before groaning in pain.

Climbing out from under the table, her blurry vision noticed two more figures in the room, both decked in green clothing and highlighted by red and silver. An orc coming up behind what she thought to be Kili snatched her attention and she hurled the sword at it, feeling relieved when the creature screamed in pain, falling dead seconds later.

A whistle of an arrow flying past her face made her freeze, but she heard it plunge through flesh maybe a foot behind her and the orc that had snuck up was pinned to the wall. A cheer from Fili made her smile slightly and she slowly began to move toward him and the others, using the walls for support. 

The silence marking the end of the fight was interrupted by her cry of pain as she fell to her knees, pressing her hand against the wound in her side which seemed to be colder than ice.

"No!" Kili yelled, shoving past Tauriel and Legolas, rushing to her side, "No come on," he picked her up, and cooed, "You're okay, you're okay."

"Ekinskeld. Obguranid!" (Oakenshield has gone!)" she heard an orc yell in black speech outside and she cried out, feeling the table underneath her once more.

"They're know Thorin's not here," she hissed, and her back arched in pain as she let out another scream.

Legolas rushed to her, his eyes running over her until he found the black wound on her side. He peered at it and then up at Tauriel, who looked just as terrified.

"Bofur!" Kili roared, brushing his hand though Keerla's hair, "Where are you?!"

"You're elves," Fili grasped Tauriel's hand, making her jump, "Can't you heal her?"

"No," Legolas all but spat, watching the way Fili and Tauriel gazed at each other, "Not without-"

"I have it," Bofur fell through the door, a large bunch of Kingsfoil in his hand.

"Athelas," Tauriel took it in amazement, and then handed it to Legolas, "I'll get hot water."

"What are you doing?" Kili growled as Legolas shoved him away from Keerla's side. "Shouldn't you be going after the Orcs?"

"I'm going to save her, dwarf," Legolas growled back, "Now stay out of my way."

Tauriel rushed back to his side with a bowl of water and clean cloth in her hand. She then stepped around the table and placed a hand on Keerla's legs.