The Grand Escape

okay so it's my first proper fight scene, let me know what you think :)

=

It took all of Keerla's strength and will power not to fall to the ground and give up. She had been chained for hours and the dwarfs were kept in place. Occasionally the goblin King would taunt them, whip them and ask them questions between songs, but they gave him nothing.

Large instruments obviously made for torture soon started to appear, wheeling along the walkway towards them. The idea of having to watch anyone being subjected to the excruciating agony of any of those devices turned Keerla's stomach and made her heartbeat rise, causing her need for air to increase. It was even worse when the Goblin King sang more of his absurd rhymes.

Her eyes fell on the pile of weapons, still lying in the middle of the walk way. If only she could reach something, maybe an arrow or one of Fili's daggers - It hit Keerla like a slap in the face. Her fingers felt the neck cuff until she found the keyhole, a vicious grin spreading across her lips.

Kili had been watching her the entire time, and felt confusion fill his mind when he saw the look. Other than finding himself extremely attracted to the look, he couldn't work out what she was thinking. What had suddenly occurred to her?

He watched her turn her back to everyone as the goblins started singing again, and her fingers seemed to work at something on the collar but he couldn't tell what. Soon she was blocked from view by the dancing goblin king.

"Bones will be shattered, necks will be wrung! You'll be beaten and battered, from racks you'll be hung. You will lie down here and never be found, down in the deep of Goblin-town," he boomed in song.

Keerla rolled her eyes at the words, but let out a sigh of relief as the collar clicked open, and came loose. She glanced around, realising no one was watching and pulled it off. With another look around, she snuck into the shadow of the throne, and peered around it, keeping her ears and eyes pricked to full attention.

Kili looked over in her direction once more, only to panic when he saw she was gone. He nudged Fili, and gestured for him to look, making the blonde grin.

"Well I'll be," he snickered, "Gotta say brother, you chose one mighty fine woman."

"What?" Kili asked, "You mean she got herself free?" he let out a sigh, "I thought the goblins had made off with her."

The rat faced goblin let out a scream, causing an end to all noise and everyone watched him drop Thorin's sword, backing away from the pile of weapons. Recognizing it, the rest of the goblins howled in fear and rage retreating as far back as they could get, even the great goblin was climbing up his throne to get away from it.

"I know that sword!" he cried, "It is the Goblin-Cleaver, the Biter, the blade that sliced a thousand necks."

As he spoke, the goblins crowding the dwarfs started lashing out in panic, whipping, biting and clawing at them. Keerla gripped the two small blades tightly in her hand, waiting for her opportunity.

"Slash them! Beat them! Kill them! Kill them all! Cut off his head!"

She saw it when Thorin was pinned by three goblins, all ready to decapitate him. She threw her knives, both sinking into the soft skulls of the two goblins with their backs to her and by the time the third looked up; she was in front of it. Her hands grabbed either side of its head and twisted, snapping its neck.

Everything fell silent. It had happened so fast that no one really knew what was going on until they saw her standing over Thorin, a deadly snarl decorating her lips. Kili half-grinned at her, though a part of him was completely terrified by the look in her eyes, he was also relieved to see she was fine. The goblins cowered, climbing off the dwarf group as if hoping she would leave them be.