I See Fire

the video above is the song Kili sings, yeah i know cliche, and yes i know i changed the ending, but it kind of fits better 

-

When she opened her eyes a brief moment later, Keerla found herself being carried in Kili's arms behind Fili and Bofur, up the steps to Bard's house.

Bofur slammed his fist on the wood, but Bard scowled when he saw the dwarfs and tried shutting the door, saying, "No. I'm done with dwarves. Go away."

Bofur stopped the door with his foot, "No, no, no! No one will help us!"

"Please," Fili jumped in, "It's Keerla, she's really sick, please help us for her!"

Bard hesitated, opening his door to get a better look and grimaced at the sight of the sallow-skinned elf in the arms of her husband. Her eyes were bloodshot, but clouding over with black shadow and blood – darker than normal – had started leaking though her tunic. She was sweating fiercely, but also shivering as if she were frozen.

"Get her inside, on the table, quick!"

Keerla screamed out in pain as Kili forced her body straight on the table, and her hands immediately flew to her wound, clawing at it.

"No, no!" Kili forced her hands down, "Don't do that my love, don't do that."

"It hurts," she whimpered, curling her body towards him, "It hurts, please, make it stop."

It broke his heart, anyone could see it on his face, and Tilda spilt a few tears as she heard the Elleth screech in pain again.

"I'm sorry," Kili murmured, pressing kissed into her hair as Fili took her other hand. Bofur leaned over them, pulling at the tunic and the bandages.

"Oh my word," he gasped, seeing the wound she had been hiding.

"Ah!" Keerla cried out as his fingers touched the black veins, "Dammit Bofur!"

"Sorry lass," he apologised, running to the sink for water.

"Get the tunic off," Fili told his brother, "We need to get at it properly."

Nodding, Kili managed to pull his hand free of Keerla's tight hold and sat her up. Sigrid hurried over, helping him remove the tunic and she lay it out on a nearby set of drawers. Other than a few whimpers, Keerla made no noise and kept her eyes screwed shut. Bofur dabbed at the wound, but could only stare in horror as black pus-like fluid started running out instead of blood.

"Can you not do something?" Kili demanded of Bard who hovered over them.

"She needs some herbs or something, a way to bring down this fever!" Fili prompted, looking at the man and he rushed to the kitchen, pulling several pouches from a shelf on the ceiling.

"I have nightshade, feverfew . . ." Bar mumbled.

"Ath-Athe-" Keerla choked back a scream, looking up at Kili, "Athelas."

"Athelas, she says Athelas!" he shouted, looking at the others.

"What's Athelas?" Bain asked, cringing as Keerla let out a scream.

"Kingsfoil," she whimpered, digging her nails into Kili's hand.

"Kingsfoil is a weed," Bard said suddenly, "We feed it to the pigs."

"Pigs?" Bofur asked, his eyes darting around like crazy, "Weed? Right!" he pointed down at Keerla, "Don't move."

"Like i can," she groaned, making him laugh as he ran from the house. Sigrid and Tilda rushed over, trying to help the two Durin brothers sooth her, but Keerla's screams and groans only got worse.