6. Theres no going back now

We pulled up to my parents place. I was freaking out. My heart was racing. I was on the verge of hyperventilating. And if Michael tells me to calm down one more time I swear I'm going to scream. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it a couple times to reassure that he's here for me. I smiled slightly and got out of his car. I walked over and grabbed his hand that was reached out for me. We walked up the walkway to the door. Opening it I walked in with Michael intow. I lead him to the den where my father was. He was sitting there reading the paper. He looked up as we walked it.

"Kitten what a lovely surprise." I looked to Michael and saw him holding in a laugh.

"Hey dad. Mom invited us over for dinner. Where is she?" My dad stood and hugged me. He held out his hand for Michael.

"Fancy seeing you Michael. Haven't seen you around much. How you been? Your family?" Michael shook his hand smiled. I left and let them two talk. I wonder into the kitchen to find my mom. She was making mash potatoes. Yum. I love her homemade potatoes. I snuck over and scared her.

"Damn it Lexi! I have told you Calum to stop doing that to me." She shook her head as I laughed. Cal and I love to scare my mom. It's funny to us. I went over and sat on a barstool in a cornor.

"Speaking of which where is my big head brother?"

"Out with Luke I think. They been spending a lot of time together lately."

"Cake!"

"What? No dear we're not having cake it's to late to request it. Now scoot and go tell them it's time to eat." I shook my head at my mother. She doesn't get me or anyone else sometimes. She didn't get I just friendship ship my brother and his best friend. I walked out to the den to call them. They were talking about Michael's business. They followed me across the hall to the dinning room. Mom was placing food on the table. The table was already set. My dad sat at the head of the table and my mother at the other end. Michael and I sat next to eachother. We all started eating quietly. No one saying anything.

"So Lexi how's school going?" I looked up at my dad.

"Just got done with all my finales so I'm done with freshman year. Waiting on sophomore year. Or I might find a job and take online classes. If I'm able." I realized what I said after I said it. Oh no now he's going to wonder why. Everyone quit eating. My dad just looked at me. Michael looked straight ahead. My mother just looked at my father.

"Why? Your mother and I are paying for your education and plus didn't you have an art scholorship in like music or something?"

"Wrong kid dad. That's Cal. He got that and soccer scholorship. I got nothing." I rolled my eyes and started playing with my food. I felt Michael's hand on my thigh. I let out a deep breath.

"Sorry my fault. But I'm still not understanding why you want to take online classes and work. That's a lot for your age. You already live in an apartment with Amber. Why not just do what other college kid is doing. Party, get wasted, have sex, but protected sex. This is your prime. I'm not understanding why you want to put a lot on yourself."

"Because it might be hard for me to finish my college career." I bit my lip as Michael grip tighten.

"How you mean?"

"Cause dad I'm pregnant." And now I wait for the storm. I took a chance to look at my mom who is staring at my dad and then I looked over at him. I wasn't prepared for the look I just received. It was a look of disappiontment and anger. He was silent as he study me. Then he spoke.

"What the hell did you just say to me?" It was a low calm voice. It scared the shit out of me.

"I said I'm pregnant." I whispered. Then it happen. I never once seen my dad get violent over anything. He never spanked us or yelled harshly at us. But as I sat there and witnessed my dad throw his glass on the floor shook me of my imaging of him. I grabbed Michael's hand.

"So we break our backs and this is how you repay us? By getting knocked up by some guy you probably don't know who cause your such a whore. I can't believe my sweet innocent daughter turned out like this. At least make this better and say you were raped." I gasped.

"David!" my mother stood up then. "Now that is enough. I've had it."

"I will not stand here and have my slut of a daughter prance around here like everything is okay Joy." He turned towards me. "Now whose the asshole who knocked you up?"

"I did sir." Michae said through clenched jaws. I watched my dad's eyes dart towards him. The color in his face left.

"So I see." He sat back and looked at the table contemplating on his next choice of words. "Well as long as you both know yall are no longer welcome in the Hood household. You are no longer my daughter. And as for you Joy, you will stop talking to her." My dad looked up at her. She smirked at him. Oh no.

"Well David considering she's mine not yours I will not stop talking to my daughter. She needs me. And cause of this I want a divorce. Well I already filed for one. You and your sweet little blonde assistant can finally have a life together." She walked out of the room. Michael stood up and pulled me up and out of the room as well. I ran to my mom and hugged her. I started crying on her shoulder. I let go when I heard a loud crash. It sounded like the table being flipped over. She just laughed.

"Mind joining me for lunch tomorrow?" I nod my head. "Good I'll invite Calum and we could make It a family thing. Michael I'm inviting you as well. Your now apart of this family. And plus we have to tell Calum somehow." She smiled and went upstairs. I turned to Miachael. What the hell happen tonight?

***
The car ride home was quiet. All I could think about was how my dad called me a whore and how he wants me out of his life. And what did my mother mean by I'm hers not his. Did she cheat?

We pulled up to my apartment. I got out and Michael followed me in the elevator. We rode it silently. I just couldn't get over it. The ding sounded and the doors open. We stepped out and walked down to my door. I unlocked it and went in. Amber wasn't here. I went to the kitchen and got me a glass of milk and grabbed Michael a soda. He was sitting in the living room. I sat on the couch and put my feet in his lap. He took my shoes off and started rubbing them.

"What the hell happen tonight?" I finally spoke.

"A bunch of drama shit." I chugged my milk and set it on the table.

"I don't know but I don't want to talk about it till tomorrow." I moved my feet and straddle his hips. "Stay with me please. I wanna cuddle." I pouted. He laughed.

"Sure." He kissed my lips.