9. Decisions

I have not heard from my father in two weeks. Honestly I am upset about not having him in my life. Hes all I've ever known as a father figure. But he chose not to be apart of this joyous time. Yes I'm trying to be postive about this situation. I'm really freaking out. Like how am I going to be able to take care of both of them and myself? Is Michael going to be apart of their lives? Will they like me? What about school? A job? Well at least we can stay here in the apartment after they are born till I can find us a bigger place. I need to talk to Amber and see if that's okay. This is all to much for me. I rolled over to see my alarm clock read 11:30. I almost slept the day away. I dragged out of bed and went into the kitchen for a glass of milk. Amber was on the phone smiling. She hasn't noticed me yet.

"Yes! Thanks mom that sounds wonderful." She hung up and turned around to head out but was startled by me.

"Your mom?" She nod. "What she want?"

"Well I didn't want to say anything cause I wasn't sure and I don't know how you'll handle this."

"Just spit it out." I groaned in annoyance.

"But my mom has agreed that I can go backpacking." She jumped with excitement. I just looked at her.

"When? For how long? Where?" I rushed out.

"In a few days. A year and probably Europe, Ireland, or places like that." She beemed. She just walked past me.

"So your moving out?" I followed her out.

"What you mean?"

"Like are we moving out? I can't afford to take over the bills?"

"Oh. Well I guess so. It would make sense since I won't be here."

"Okay I'm going over to Michael's. I'll be back." I went to my room to change. I pulled on a pair of black shorts and a flowy tube top. Pulling my hair up in a ponytail I walked out of my room and out the door.

***
I called Michael and asked if he was home. Which he was. I pulled up next to his car and went inside.

He had the door unlock so I went on in. He was sitting in his recliner drinking a beer. I laid on the couch and curled up. He was watching netflix.

"Are you watching Bob's burgers on netflix?" I asked him.

"Yes I am." He answered with amusement.

"Where's my brother and the rest of the boys?" It was quiet.

"Ashton is out. Calum is with some new girl and Luke is at work. Now you know what's wrong?"

"Everything. But for the moment it's my living situation. Amber is going backpacking in some country and leaving me with the apartment and she doesn't even care." I rolled on my back looking at the ceiling.

"You don't wanna stay there?"

"I can't afford the place. I barely afford it when we split it. I mean it's nice but no. If I'm going to find a place that's going to be mine I want one I love. But thats not the point the point is she's leaving in a few days and did not give me a heads up or anything. So not only do I have to find a job but now I also have to look for a place to live as well. It's just all to much. I need a vaction." He stood up and walked over to the couch. He lifted my legs up and sat down. He started massaging my legs and feet. It was feeling good.

"I know my hands are good but dang baby your moaning." I looked down at him smirking.

"Shut up." I laughed and played hit him. He started tickling me making me squirm. We continued on till he was beside me inches from my face. Our breathing was heavy. His eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips. I smiled and brought my face closer to his and kissed him. It wasn't hungry and sexy like the other times. It was soft and slow. Passionate.

"Gross guys! Are y'all trying to make triplets?" Calum shouted at us. Michael and I broke apart and sat up. I felt myself blushing but Michael just laughed. I sat up and followed my brother into his room. I laid on his bed.

"Cal have you heard from him lately?" I started picking at his pllows. He had his back to me as he was going through his dresser.

"Yeah." I snapped my eyes up to him.

"And?" He sighed and turned to look at me.

"He said I had to choose. Him or y'all. I told him that he can't do that. Family don't turned their backs on each other. He freaked and got mad and punched a wall. I'm not gonna lie. It scared me dude. But then I told him I chose y'all and he flipped. He started screaming at me and told me to leave his house and never look back. Told me my real dad would've been disappointed in us. That we didn't hold up to the Hood name. As I was walking down the stairs I started hearing slamming going on. So now he's disowned us all." He just shrugged his shoulders and went back to messing in his drawers.

"I'm sorry Cal." I spoke softly. He slammed the draw shut and turned to me.

"Now listen to me Alexandra Ruth Hood this is not your fault. I'll be damn for you to feel any type of guilt here. He could had stand by you through this. Even though he's not our real dad but still. He made his choice and I made mine. Your my baby sister. I'm here to support you through anything. I'll always have Your back no matter what. Yea I'm upset you got pregnant. But at least it's by someone I trust. But don't beat yourself up over this Lexi. It isn't your fault." His voice soften as he continued to speak. My eyes tear up a little bit. I stood up and walked to him and hugged him.

"Thanks! Your the best big brother."

"No if I was a good big brother I would go in there and beat Michael's ass." We laughed. We sat down and continued talking. I told him about today and everything that has happen. Cal sat up from his recline position.

"I know. Why don't you move in temporary?"

"I can't do that."

"Why not? Not like anyone is here most of the time anyways. We'll have a meeting tonight after family dinner."

"Family dinner?"

"Yeah when we all come together and eat and talk. You know spend some bro time together." He smiled.

"How come I was never invited?"

"No one likes you." He made a face.

"Shut up Cal. They all love me." We laughed.