7. The lunch of a lifetime

I met my mother in a nice cafe. Michael said he'll be a little late. He was working and have to go home to change and clean up. Calum is running late cause he was sleeping still. It was hot today so I wore a pair of white Jean shorts and one of Michael's band shirts he left at my house. I love wearing his shirts. They are so big and comfy. And they smell just like him. Which is a mix of mechanic grease, cologne, pizza, and sweat. I went ahead and order a water. Having no sodas is about to kill me.

"You know sweety having sodas sporadically is not bad. Just not all the time."

"No even though I'm dying to have one my sickness can't handle it." I smiled.

"How is that going?"

"Going pretty good actually I don't have it often. My boobs are huge and they hurt. My hair looks good as you can see." I toss my hair over my shoulders. "But I wanted to ask you mom." I lean in closer to her.

"What dear?" She whispered.

"When you was pregnant with us have you...was you always..."

"Always what?"

"Wanting to have sex?" I laughed, my mother and I were very close. She giggled.

"Not with Calum but you yes." I sat back laughing.

"Whats so funny?" Michael walked up smiling. He lean down and kissed my cheek. He sat down beside me.

"We was talking about sex." I looked at him. He blushed and darted his eyes between mom and me. We just laughed at his nervousness. She continued telling pregnancy stories till Calum walked up. He looked over at Michael. They looked at their outfits and back at eachother. They both was wearing black skinny jeans black vans and white band shirts. The only difference is they didn't have the same band.

"Dude." Calum said smiling.

"Dude." Michael responded.

"Malum." I spoke. I smiled to myself as Calum sat down across from Michael. The waitress walked up and took our orders. I felt like having a grilled chicken sandwich and fries. The boys order burgers and fries and mom got a salad.

"So mom what's up?"

"Honey your father and I are getting a divorce." She spoke calmly. He sat up straight.

"But why?"

"Because your father has changed over the years son. I never told y'all this but he has become more abusive. He has raised his voice to me. Spoke down to me. Cussed me out at the drop of a hat. Just doesn't respect me as a wife and a mother of his children. And I had enough. And he also has been having an affair with his assitant Sheila." That was a lot to take in. The waitress brought back our order and we was all quiet. I smiled and thanked her as she set mine down.

"So last night wasn't the first time he's act like that?" I asked.

"No just the first time y'all saw it."

"Wait last night? What happen last night?" Calum looked to me and mom.

"They came over dinner." Mom spoke.

"They?" He looked at Michael. "You was there? Why?"

"They had news to tell us dear." Mother spoke again. Michael was quiet. Calum looked to me.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted. He nod and looked at Michael.

"I'm assuming you knocked her up?"

"Yes I did." Calum sat back and stared at his plate. He looked at all of us.

"So mom and dad are divorcing. My best friend and my baby sister are doing it and got a kid coming. Anything else?"

"Its twins."Michael spoke.

"Well one better be nephew so we can play FIFA." We all laughed.

"So your okay with this?" I asked him.

"Yeah I mean I read your diary so I know all of your little secrets. And plus y'all dated before and not like this isn't the first time it's happen." I felt my face drain. Calum bit his lips at what slipped out. I looked down at my plate. Not wanting to look at anyone.

"What are you talking about Calum?" Mom asked.

"That they done it." He smoothly lied. I looked up at mom and see her roll her eyes.

"We all knew they done it before."

"Mom!" I screamed.

"What? It's hard to hide condom wrappers in the trash can. Both of y'all." she added. We laughed. I looked at Michael. He didn't buy it. I smiled and went back to eating. Oh boy. As we ate Calum spoke up again.

"So are y'all together?"

"No." I shook my head. I noticed Michael put his tomatoes on my plate. I guess he remembered I love them. I placed them on my bun. I groaned when I noticed mustard on my bun. He reached over and grabbed mine and gave me his. His didn't have mustard. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I heard a sure and knew it was from my mom. I dont know if I want to be with him or not. I don't if I still have romantic feelings for him. We havnt fussed since we found out but give it time I'm sure. I sipped my water and gagged a little. I hate drinking water. It's so plain.

"Here." He slid his coke over to me.

"No I'll get sick."

"The water is making you gag Lexi. Here." I smiled and put my straw in it and drunk some. I didn't gagged. Which was good. I looked up at my mom.

"What did you mean I was yours and not his?" She stopped eating and slowly brought her head up to look at me.

"Um I was hoping you wouldn't ask. But as you see. Yall's father adopted yall. I was married to his twin brother and after you was born Lexi he got in a car accident and died. David helped me with both of yall. He was there for me. Truthfully he always had feelings for me and so one day we tried it. It wasn't like being with Dylan. Y'alls real father. He was truly the love of my life. I guess over the year's David came to realize that. I'm sorry I never told y'all sooner." I sat staring at her. I looked over at Calum. He stared at the table with his brows furrow. He was thinking.

"Okay that's a lot to take in. But mom why didn't you tell us?" I ask.

"I wanted to but David didn't want y'all to know much about him. The day calum started calling him daddy and quit asking for Dylan was the best day of his life. But with you Lexi he could never bond with. You remind him a lot of Dylan. You look just like him. Everything is his. Y'all both have the darkness from both of us. But still. As the year's past by he couldn't stand it. I don't know in a way he was always jealous of Dylan. He was the best at everything he tried. Music, sports. School. Everything." As she talked about him she held a gleam in her eye. She really did love him. My real father. I looked over at Michael. He was staring at me smiling. He held concern in his eyes. I smiled and grabbed his hand.

After we was done eating mom paid for it and we all stood up. We all walked out and said our goodbyes. I went to tell Michael bye.

"Are you coming over tonight after work?"

"Why don't you come over?" He asked.

"Sure. Want me to bring movies and snacks?" I asked hopeful.

"No how about we go buy a movie and get some snacks. I seen all your sucky romance movies." I laughed.

"Shut up Clifford."

"Oh reminds me I'm dying my hair tonight as well." He said smiling. I rolled my eyes and walked off. He grabbed my hand.

"Bye Lexi." He kissed my lips.

"Bye Michael." I walked over to my car, him watching me the whole time.