20. A little to late

♡LEXI'S POV♡

I been giving Michael the silent treatment all day. Except when I had to talk to him. Then it wasn't very friendly. I sat at my desk writing somwthing when Frank walked up to my desk.

"Hey so I was thinking Chinese for lunch?" I dropped my pen.

"How did you know?" I smiled.

"Because that's what great boyfriends are for. He leaned over the desk to kiss me. I smiled as he walked away. I noticed Michael watching us. I just glared at him and went back to work.

The door open wide and came slamming shut. Great Rebecca was here. She looked in the window to see the shop. Michael was under the hood of a truck. I didn't pay attention to her. I just continued my work. I stood up and went o file something. Today I wasn't feeling it. I just through on leggings and a flowy shirt. Bump it. I turned around and she was at my desk glaring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You need to back off from Michael he's mine."

"Okay and?" I just looked at her like she was crazy.

"I mean it or else?"

"Or else what? You have to get another nose job?" That's the story she had to tell everyone on why her nose was bandage up and her face was bruised after I punched her. The bruising is gone now. But it was still funny. Before she could say anything. Frank walked in. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Ready?" I nod my head. I reached down in my draw and grabbed my purse. I walked over to Frank who grabbed my hand to help settle me. My belly is a little bit bigger so I'm starting to get unbalanced.

Frank took me to my favorite chinese resturant. I love this place. And the twins love this place as well.

"Have you picked out names yet?" He asked as I shoved an egg roll in my mouth.

"No not yet. Michael and I are kinda giving each other the silent treatment." I averted his gaze.

"How come?"

"Because I'm selfish and all he cares about is girls." I bluntly put it. He nod his head even though he was confused by what I said. We ate in silence once again.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure go ahead." I smiled at him.

"In all of this, where am I?" I laid my fork down to look at him. He was staring at me intently.

"With me I hope." I was getting nervous. He nod in agreement.

"That's where I want to be. But I'm saying what's my place? Am I the boyfriend? The friend you vent to? Or what?"

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?" I quietly asked. I looked away. Scared of his answer. Truth is he made me happy. But I'm scared to get rejected agian. But as always there's Michael in the back of my head. I need to get over that. He has a girlfriend. So why can't I have a boyfriend?

"Yes I do." My head snapped over at him. What?

"You do? Even though these kickboxers belong to someone else?" He smiled.

"Yeah. I like you Lexi. You make me smile and happy." I blushed as my grin grew wider. I leaned over to try to kiss him. Which was very uncomfortable. He meet me in the middle. I was beyond happy right now. I text Mavis even though she was at work and won't get it right now. We finished eating and headed back to work. We walked in holding hands. I walked over to my desk and sat down. Not long after I sat down someone came bustling in. She walked up to the desk and looked at me with the biggest grin.

"Tell me everything."

"Aren't you suppose to be at work?" I pointed lazily to the door.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Not right now. Now go tell me." I told her about how he asked me and what all he said. She squealed with delight.

"It's wasn't a big romantic thing." I smiled to her. She handed me a bag with a cupcake and left. I was in heaven.

I fished working and packed up my things to head out home. I was walking out to my car when Michael caught my attention.

"Yo baby mama! We still on for tonight?" I rolled my eyes and nod my head. He smiled and got in his truck. He pulled off and I pulled off after him. I drive home in silence. Even the babies weren't active. I pulled up to my house and walked. Setting my purse on the counter I walked down the hall to my room. I climbed into bed and decided to take a nap.

I woke up and hour later from one of the twins moving. I got up and decided to get dressed. I pulled on a maximum dress and some sandles. I'll be glad when cold weather gets here. Which should be in the next few weeks. I grabbed my keys and purse. Forgetting my phone I grabbed it to and walked out the house to my car. I wasn't worried about my makeup at the moment. I'm pregnant. I get a free pass. I drove to Michael's parents house. My mom and Michael was already here. Calum's vehicle wasn't. I just walked on in without knocking. His mom walked up to me and hugged me.

"Lexi how wonderful to see you again. How are my grandbabies?"

"Active. I swear one of them I will put in sports." We all laugh.

"Come sit down. Prop your feet up." She led me to a chair and gave me a foot stool. Michael walked doubt and handed me a glass of water. I pouted at him because I wanted something else.

"Either this or milk." I grabbed the glass and took a sip and tried not to gag. Water always makes me gag. He picked my feet up and sat on the foot stool. He just started rubbing my feet. Which felt nice. It's crap like this that confuses me so much. No one seem to notice and he act like it was second nature. So who am I to question it? Calum showed up just in time for dinner. We all walked into the dinning room and sat down. Michael's parents at both ends, I sat down across from my mom. Calum came to sit beside mom and Michael beside me. We all started eating. I pushed the mushrooms to the side of my plate. His mom made some type of weird pasta and salad and bread. Everything was good. And I loved the pasta. I never been much of a pasta eater. I felt my phone buzz in my dress pocket. I pulled it out.

Baby daddy: meet me in my room so we could talk.

Me: No

Bd: Lexi we need to talk.

Me: we can talk when we get home.

I put my phone face down. I was not in the mood to deal with him. We finished eating and talking. It was getting late and I had to work tomorrow ad well as a doctor appointment. I drove home and parked. Michael pulled up in his at the sametime. He walked over and followed me in.