27. True colors

He laid my purse on the counter as I walked in. I held onto my phone for comfort. I sat down on the couch and he sat beside me.

"How was your day?" He asked smiling. I turned to look at him.

"Don't do that."

"Do what be concern with my girlfriend. I mean you are pregnant after all."

"Yeah I am. With Michael's babies." He flinch. Or was it a twitch?

"Speaking of him there's something that concerns me." I raised an eyebrow.

"Go on."

"The time y'all spend together. You spend more time with him then you do with me. Your boyfriend."

"That's because I'm going through something right now and it's not just him it's everyone. They are all concern and spending time with me to help me. Not just Michael."

"That's a problem too. I'm your boyfriend. I'M the one who needs to take care of you. Not anyone else."

"Excuse you they are my family."

"Only Calum is family. I'm sorry but I forbid them to come over here. Mavis included. She's clouding your judgment."

"Fuck she is. They will be in my life Wether you like it or not! They were here before you and they will be afterwards! If you don't like then you can leave!" I was screaming. Next thing happen to fast for me to comprehend. He was in my face on top of me. His face morphed into evil.

"You will listen to me or else. I'm not some push over. In fact. I think its time for a change of scenery." Before I could say anything there was a knock on the door. I trying everyrhing I could not to cry. I was scared. He got off of me and went to the door. Not before he took my phone and whispered not to move and say anything. I heard Mavis but I couldn't see her.

"Hey Frank I'm just stopping by to talk to Lexi about her party."

"I'm sorry she's really tired and said she doesn't want to be bothered."

"What do you mean to be bothered? She's my friend. Let me in to see her." Mavis hollered. Then he slammed the door. He came stopping back in. He picked me up bridal style. I started kicking and screaming. He dropped me on my bed and slapped a hand over my mouth.

"Shut up you stupid bitch." Tears were rolling down my face. I pray he doesn't kill me.

□ CALUM'S POV

Mavis walked in and slammed the door. She looked pissed. I was the living room with Luke playing a video game. Wait a minute is she crying?

"Mavis?" I asked. She balled her fist she trying to hold herself together. Luke got and went to her. I can't lie I did the same. I have gotten close to her. She's another best friend. She looked at me and shook her head.

"I'm so scared right now and I don't know what to do." She said between sobs. About the time Michael and Ashton walked in laughing and pushing eachother. They stopped when they saw us. They quickly came over.

"What's wrong Mav?" Ashton asked. She just held on to Luke.

"I'm think I made a mistake and right now my worst fear maybe in action." We all looked confused.

"What is it baby? Tell us so we can help." Luke console us.

"I went over to Lexi to check on her cause Frank was over there and he answered and said she was tired and didn't want nothing to do with us." She broke down crying harder. My vision went from normal to red. I looked around. We was all pissed.

"Mavis go to my room and lay down." Luke calmly told her.

"But Luke."

"Now!" He screamed. She flinched and ran to his room and slammed the door shut. I heard a click of the lock. We looked at each other and then took off to next door. He better not lay a hand on my sister. His truck was still there. I went to the door and try to open it. I started banging. We all was. The door was slung open and Frank was on the other side. He looked like he just got through having sex. His hair was a mess and his clothes was disheveled. I want ed to punch him.

"Hey Frank. We just came by to see if Lexi was up and okay. I like to check on her since she is my sister."

"Samething I told the other one. She's asleep and not wanting company from y'all." He turned his gaze to Michael. Oh no. Don't do it. "Any of y'all." Oh my god. Michael lunge at him and punched him the face. We tried to push our way in to get to her. I through a punch and got him the ribs. We got a lead way and pushed through. Ashton jumped up and punched him in the jaw and knocked him out. We took off down the hall to her room. She was laying on the bed. Almost lifeless. He clothes were ripped. She had blood all over her and bruises. I couldn't breath. Michael ran to her. I couldn't do nothing but my body made its way to Franks body. I got down and started punching him. I wanted to hurt him worst then how he hurt my sister. I was hauled off of him but I still managed to kick him. I dragged back to her room. I ran to her body Michael was holding. I couldn't help the tears. I grabbed her hand and rubbed her hair. Come on baby please don't leave me. Your all I have. You and mom. I need you sis. Your my other half. Your my heart. I vaguely heard someone on the phone with the cops. Someone grabbed my phone. I don't know why nor do I care. I just wanted my sister. I grabbed on to her body and Michaels. I felt some more arms and more tears and words. Eveything after this moment was a blur.