29. Reality

♡ LEXI'S POV ♡

I woke up in a hospital room. I was sore. I hurt everywhere. I just laid there looking around. My throat hurt. I found the nurses button and pressed it. A few moments later a nurse walked in with a doctor.

"Good morning ms. Hood. I'm Dr. Ruben. How are you feeling?" He shown a light in my eyes. She checked my heart and breathing.

"Disoriented and thirsty
My throat hurts as well as my head and body." I laid my head back down.

"I'll send a nurse to get you a cup of ice water but I need to talk to you. That Frank guy raped you. The force cause a hemorrhage and the ripping of the placenta. We had to perform an emergency C-section or else we will loose them. They have a fighting chance now. And it helps they weigh more then we thought. As they get older we may have to check for blindness or verbal palsey. But they are in the NICU and doing great. As soon as your able to I'll let you go vist them. You have some bad brushing but no broken bones or fractures. I'm real sorry Alexandra. But you have a great support system out there. All your brothers and the father , your sister and parents. You are very loved. And in time like this you need that."

"When was they born and how much?"

"I don't have the information but I'll have someone give them to you. Are you wanting vistors?" I nod my head. "I can only send in two at a time."

"Good luck with that." I try to laugh. I laid my head back and looked at the ceiling.

"Lexi?" I looked down and saw my brother. The imagine of him made me start crying. I reached my arms up. He ran into them. We held each other crying.

"I'm so sorry Lex in wasn't there to protect you."

"No I'm sorry. It wasn't your fault. My babies." I was crying so hars. "I want to kill him for hurting them." I let go of him.

"Don't worry sis I put him I here as well. And mom punched his mother." I smiled as he sat beside me. I heard coughing and saw the rest. My family. All staring there looking at me.

"Mom." She came up to me and held me. I cried. I just want her to hold me and protect me. She let go and stepped back. Mavis ran up next and grabbed me. Then Luke and Ashton. Karen and Daryl waited last. I looked around for Michael.

"He's down in NICU. He figured that's where you would want him to be. Said something about how he knows you'll freak and worry they were scared being in the new world." Luke rolled his eyes.

"Thank goodness. He knows me so well. I'm glad he's with them. They need him right now. I did a horrible job of protecting them." I started tearing up. Luke grabbed my face. And made me look at him.

"You listen to me Lexi Ruth. Nothing that happen was your fault. You was a victim just as much as them. Now your a survivor just like them. They will make it just like you. Have your mental breakdown if you want but I will not stand by and listen to you blame yourself. I refuse as your best friend." He let go. I just looked at him. He always knows how to reach a deeper level with me.

"Have y'all seen them yet?" They all said no. I nod my head. I laid my head on Calum's chest. They all stood around talking and trying to make me laugh. Which I appreciate. I just want to see my babies. The door open interrupting me from my thoughts. It was Michael. They parted to let him through. He walked slowly to me. Calum got up so Michael could get closer to me. He gently placed a hand on my bruised cheek. He ran a thumb over my busted lip. He kissed my forehead.

"Your still beutiful. Your even more beautiful because you gave birth to the most precious angels I ever laid eyes on. I'm sorry to say cause you was the most gorgous angel I ever seen." He brought out his phone and showed me pictures of them. They had tunes and wires coming off of them. Their diapers swallowed them, but they were still so precious. They were tiny.

"The nurse said they couldn't put them in different incubators because everytime they did something will happen. They notice putting them together helped them. So at least they are together."

"Thank you so much."

"I knew you wanted me to go to them before you." I smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder. He grabbed my hand and intertwine out fingers. It made me feel uneasy but safe at the sametime.

After awhile everyone e went home except Michael and Calum and my mom. She was falling asleep in the recliner in the room.

"Mom it's okay if you want to go home." She agreed. She came over and kissed me bye. She made her rounds with Calum and Michael. I grabbed the remote and flipped through the channels. Calum got up and walked over to me. He looked me in the eyes.

"I'm going home. I'll be back as soon as I can. Michael will be here to protect you okay." I didn't want my brother to leave. I grabbed his arm.

"It's okay sis. Nothing will happen. He's not coming back." I let go and he kissed my forehead. "Watch her." Calum told Michael. I relax against the bed. The lights were off and the curtains were closed. It was dark even though it was daytime. I was getting tired myself.

"Promise you'll be here." I closed my eyes. And the last thing I heard was yes baby. Now rest.

I woke up to someone grabbing me and forcing me awake. Michael was cradling me in his arms.

"What's going on?"

"You were screaming and crying in your sleep." I pulled him closer to me.

"Where is he?" He's actually looked up."

"Good. I want him to rot in hell and suffer." I let go of Michael and rolled over. I eventually drifted back to sleep.