xxxviii

xxxviii

Luke held Michael's handcuffs as he escorted him from the cells, down the hall, and to the front office. "Let me check you out, just sit down for a minute." He leant over the desk, grabbing a clipboard and signing down the lines.

Michael sat on a cushioned chair, resting his cuffed hands in his lap. He was in skinny jeans—something he hasn't felt in an entire decade. A white tee shirt adorned his upper body, it was far too big for him but his mother tried.

Mike looked at Luke's posture, he was leaning over the high desk which made his shoulders look wide and his hips look small. He had a broad back, muscle defined under the navy blue uniform. While Luke checked Michael out, Michael checked Luke out in a far different way.

Luke folded up the disclosed documents, taking them and a black pen in his hand. He turned around, looking at the older boy whom was already looking at him.

Michael looked great, he always looked great. Luke hated the fact that Michael was the most attractive human being he has ever laid eyes on.

"You ready?" Luke asked, helping the older, bigger man up once more.

"Yeah, but, like, can you take these off, now?" He asked, gesturing towards his hands, "Do you really think I'm gonna run when I'm twelve seconds from freedom?"

Luke chuckled, shaking his head. "You know I can't. I've gotta follow protocol." He had his hand resting on the small of Michael's back, leading him towards the exit. "So, we've gotta get your mother to sign some papers, then you're really free to go."

Michael smiled to himself. This was the moment he has been dreaming about from before his sentence even took place. He was actually going to be free. "Sounds like a plan. You gonna walk us out?"

"Yeah, I wanna see the last of good ol' Cliff." Luke stopped outside the last door that left Michael between prison and freedom. The blonde turned to the secretary by the window, handing her papers to check over.

He turned around, giving Michael one more smile. "This will just take a second, then you can go see your mom."

"She wants me to literally be you. She's in love with you, in case you wanted to know."

A blush rose to Luke's cheeks. "She's met me, like, twice."

"But you're a 'nice, handsome young man'," he quoted, raising his voice to a falsetto to mimic his mother.

Luke snorted out a laughter. He turned around once more, folding up the papers again and resting a hand behind Michael's back. "You ready for real this time?"

Mike nodded. He watched Luke take a step forward, unlocking and pushing open the door leading to the lobby where Ms. Clifford was patiently waiting.

Michael swore he saw his life flash behind his eyes as the doors opened. He could never understand how any felony would end up in prison again. This was freedom, this was all he craved for the last ten years.

Luke unlocked Mike's hands as they took closer steps towards Michael's mother. Michael brought his hands out wide—almost hitting Luke in the nose, again—as he pulled his mother into a ginormous hug.

His mother hugged her only son, wrapping her arms as tight as she possibly could around his body, her head in his chest. Mike's chin rested on the top of her head as he took in the embrace.

Luke smiled, taking a step back to give them their space. He could see the faint tattoos peaking through the white tee shirt. He traced the ink on Michael's arm as he waited to butt in so Ms. Clifford could sign papers.

He wanted to give them the perfect moment of reconnection. Even though they're gonna have the rest of their lives to hug, there's something special about the first hug.

The two dirty blonde's took a breath and a laugh as they finally let go.

Luke handed the papers over, Ms. Clifford leaning them on Michael's back as she signed them quickly. He tucked them into the waist back of his pants as he leant down, grabbing a bag of Michael's stuff. "I'll help you carry all this out, then you're free to go," he said with a smile. Luke was happy Michael was finally out of here, he knew the man always picking a fight was ready for the real world.

Luke figured that even if he never saw Michael again, he'd be okay with it—heartbroken, but okay. Michael deserves the world, and Luke isn't sure he could give him that. Luke has very little confidence in himself.

Ms. Clifford and Luke made their small talk on the way out, Michael walking behind them slowly. His green eyes were bright as they looked up outside the gates. He got to his mothers car, still not saying a word.

She popped the back of the trunk, leaving Michael and Luke alone to get the last ten years of items in the back.

Michael watched Luke lift up the bags, pushing them in the trunk. He was about to close the lid when Mike stopped him, he looked at the younger boy with wide eyes, the breathing in his chest rapid.

"What?" Luke asked, taking his hand away from the car.

Michael put his hands in the back of his pockets. "I—uh—nothing." Mike took a step back, looking down at their feet.

Luke filled the space, taking a step forward. "So, this is it, yeah?"

Mike nodded.

"I'm glad I met you, Mike, I wish it wasn't in prison, though."

Michael looked up, itching at the back of his neck. "Luke, I want to kiss you."

"Then why don't you kiss me?"

Tattooed hands went to Luke's cheeks, pulling him into Michael. Their lips finally met in the middle, neither pulling back. Luke leant into Michael's touch, running his hands up Michael's chest and around his neck. Mike's hand fell to Luke's waist, pulling him until their hips pressed against one another.

Michael would never admit that he was on the tips of his toes, trying to pull Luke closer and closer until they became one.

Luke could feel the seconds ticking on and he pulled back, not wanting to get caught. "Use that number," he whispered, licking over his bottom lip and tasting Michael, only Michael, "The number I gave you. Find a way to find me."

Mike nodded, leaning in. Their noses touched as their lips met again. "I'll always find you."

"Tell me I'm the only one," Luke said quickly and quietly, "Tell me that I'm yours and I'm the only one."

"You're mine," he whispered back, "I promise you, you're mine. You're mine."

Luke nodded as he finally let go. "I'll see you soon, then."

Michael smiled and wiped his mouth with his tattooed wrists. "I'll see you soon." He watched him turn around, giving Ms. Clifford a wave and shout of goodbye. He made his way back to the prison gates, turning around to give Michael one last wave.

And no, that wasn't the last time they saw each other.

End

(a/n) JK. NEXT IS A THREE-PART EPILOGUE HEADED YOUR WAY. THREE !! PARTS !! REALLY CUTE !! SUPER FLUFF !!