Who Is This Girl?

Mike's POV

As I walk home, I can't help but think what just happened. I just met the most beautiful girl at my favorite place in Tennessee. Now, I will probably never see her again. 'Just my luck,' I think. 

"Good job at being such an idiot," I mumble to myself.

I get back to my hotel room. I grab some food and sit on my couch, replaying everything that happened at the Parthenon. I think of how her long brown hair perfectly framed her face and how her blue eyes shined with a tint of grey. She reminded me of Athena herself.

Could she be a child of hers? I shake my head at the thought. She's too powerful. And if I can feel it, how is she not constantly being attacked by monsters?

Once I get done eating, I get up and go to bed. After several hours of tossing and turning, I finally just sit up. 'Stop worrying yourself over her. You'll never see her again,' I think. Maybe I shouldn't have freaked her out with the whole eyes part. It's hard to control, and I can never control anything anymore. I groan and lay back down, closing my eyes. I drift off to sleep after a while, and dream of her.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning, I wake up and go to my regular coffee shop. I sit at my usual spot for a while. I have no real reason why I have been coming to this coffee shop. It's just a feeling; like I belong here. The shop is well out of my way, but I found it and was practically drawn to it since the first day. That was three months ago.

Several hours later, I pack up my things. As I am packing my things, I hear a soft whisper by my ear, "Mike." I look around, and find nothing. Weird. I shake it off as just my mind messing with me. I've been pretty lonely. I'm prone to imagining things.

But then I hear it again when I get to the door. I look around, but again, find nothing. I walk out of the coffee shop, not paying attention. I accidentally run into somebody, completely knocking them down. When I look at the girl, my legs get weak and my heart skips a beat. It's the same girl from the Parthenon last night.