Heading Back

(A/N): This chapter has some swearing in it. I am just giving a heads up. Thank you fro reading. Love you. Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share. This may be a short chapter, but I'll make it up to my faithful readers (who still will not leave any feedback).

-Maryjane<3

P.S. 215 reads! Yay! I hope you guys are really liking it! I decided that I'll be ending this book in the next few chapters, but I will most likely be making this a small trilogy (or so). Please keep reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mike's POV

I want to punch Hades until he dies.

Jessica. My Jessica. She has completely forgotten me. And to make it even worse, she can't even acknowledge my presence. It's as if I am completely invisible, and it is all his fault.

I can hear Nico clear his throat behind me. I know he feels awkward around me. Knowing him, he can probably sense how much I want to kill his father.

You could, you know, the voice in my head says. You are more powerful. I grit my teeth and take a deep breath. I turn towards Nico and say, "We better go before this thing wears off. We wouldn't want all this pain to go to waste."

"He's right," Nico replies. "We need to get back to New York ASAP."

"How do you expect us to get back there quickly? It looked like all hell was going to break loose from the sky when we came down here," Percy wonders.

"So airplanes are out of the question, as always. We are on the completely other side of the country with no vehicle. We can't take a boat," Annabeth says.

"We could shadow travel," Nico suggests.

Jessica sighs, "Nico, you can't shadow travel all of us to New York. It will kill you. And if it doesn't, Will will."

"Hades could help. It's the least he could do," I mutter.

Hades scoffs, "Watch your attitude, boy."

"Don't you dare-" I am held back by Nico who is muttering things to help me calm down, but it doesn't work. I am hardly aware of the darkness swirling around me. Hades facial expression starts to change into a look of horror, as does everyone else's that is in the room.

Then, I am faced towards Jessica. She looks terrified. Poor girl doesn't even know what's happening. She hides behind Percy, clenching his shirt. It's this very sight that makes me calm down. The shadows start retreating away from us, and Nico lets go of me.

I take a deep breath and say, "You will help us get to Olympus. Now."

Hades quickly agreed. We all gather together, hand in hand. Hades waves a hand, and the nearby shadows engulf us. The cold would send shivers up anyone's spine, but I'm used to it. The next thing I know, we are standing outside the doors of the elevator.

We all let go of each other's hands, except Percy and Annabeth, and head up to the throne room. I walk behind the group, watching Jessica's eyes light up. She was completely amazed. If only she knew the architect was standing right-

"Annabeth, these building are seriously works of art. You are a fantastic architect," she says, as if she was reading my thoughts.

"Thank you, Jessie."

When we get up to the room, Zeus is the only one there. I have no idea where all the other gods and goddesses are, but I know that this cannot be good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessie's POV

"Well it is about time you got here," Zeus says, looking down at us.

My breath hitches in my throat. That long, almost black hair. The trimmed beard. Those dark eyes that have haunted my every nightmare since that dreaded day. I grit my teeth and close my eyes. This cannot be him. This cannot be happening.

"It was you!"

"I'm sorry. Do I know you?"

The others look at us, completely confused. Of course they're confused. They don't know what this sick fuck did to me, how he seriously fucked up my life.

"You forgot the girl you raped?" I yell.

"Oh. Yes. That's right," he says, shrugging his shoulders. "Sorry."

"Sorry? Oh, you're sorry? Yes, because sorry makes everything okay."

I run my hand through my hair, taking a deep breath, and start walking towards him. He gets up and shrinks down to human size.

My anger takes over, and I punch him in the face, sending him flying across the room. I can barely hear everyone's gasps. I walk over to Zeus as shadows start surrounding him. Once I get in front of him, he is restrained by the shadows. I can see him struggling, which only makes me smile.

"Jess, don't!" I hear Nico scream, but I can feel that it is already too late.

That is when everything goes black.