This Was Unexpected. . .

Jessie's POV

I am walking through the pitch black darkness. I can hear humming, very soft, but very sinister. I hug my arms as I walk through the dark. I don't know where I am going, or where I have been, but the humming is getting louder with each step.

My eyes start adjusting to the darkness. I see a woman kneeling at an altar. I don't know why, but she's humming. I keep walking toward her quietly, as to not draw any attention. As I walk toward her, I notice the altar she is kneeling at. An altar for my dad, Poseidon.

The woman turns around when I get right behind her. Her green eyes bore into my blue ones. She smiles at me like my mother did, but this is not my mother. Her curly, brown hair falls into her face and a single tear falls down her cheek. Her hand cups my cheek as she whispers, "My sweet baby girl."

I am jolted awake from falling off the bed. "Ouch," I nearly yell, rubbing my head. I accidentally had woken up Frank, who fell asleep on the floor next to the bed Hazel is sleeping on. "I'm so sorry," I mutter.

"It's okay. Did you have a bad dream," he asks.

"Um, I'm not sure." And, to be honest, I'm really not. I have no idea who that woman is or why she looked at me like I'm her kid. The question still lingers in my mind. Who is this woman?

"I'm sorry to wake you," I say, "it was a weird dream, that's all."

"Would you like to talk about it before everybody else wakes up?"

I shake my head and whisper, "No." I look around the room at the many bodies asleep, but there is one person I don't see: Prometheus. I tilt my head to the side slightly and ask, "Where's Prometheus?"

I get a confused look from Frank. He looks around in a panic and says, "I have no idea." He gets up and looks everywhere in the room. He then goes to the door, looking around outside. He comes back in the room as the others start to stir awake.

"Huh? What's going on," Leo asks, yawning.

"Prometheus. He's gone," I say, getting up.

"We can't worry about him, though," Frank says, "We have bigger matters to worry about."

I head to the door with everyone else in tow. We all see the sky as dark as night. Rain pours down, and lightning flashes across the sky.

"It's getting worse," Jason mutters.

"Okay, everyone inside. We need to have a meeting," I say loud enough to shock everyone, but they all agree. They turn and all find seats. Some grab chairs, others just sit on the bed. I stand in front of them, leaning against a dresser. They all look at me expectantly.

"I believe that a few of us need to leave. All ten of us are beginning to draw too much attention from monsters. I love you all, but ten is too many people for one quest."

"But-" Leo tries to interject, but I cut him off.

"No, Leo. The prophecy only called for Percy and I. I believe we will be okay if half of us go. Percy and I will stay. I am certain Annabeth will want to stay as well. Not to be rude, but I only trust Mike and Nico to stay with me. Not to mention that Jason is too close to the situation."

All is quiet until Jason speaks up, "She's right. We really should go. If anything, this will come back to New York; back to Olympus. We should go back to Camp. We will be much more useful at Camp."

After a few minutes, everyone begins to agree. We all start to pack up.

-------(A couple hours later)--------

We all leave the hotel. Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank, and Leo walk towards a bus station. The rest of us pile into a truck that I hotwired. We all take turns driving, sticking to the backroads.

We head towards California. Mike says that it would be the best place to start. There is somebody there that can help figure out what is going on with Zeus.

I sit in the back of the truck with Percy and Annabeth as Mike drives down the road. Percy seems to be off in his own world; probably thinking about his family. I can only imagine how many times he has had to leave them for quests.

"Percy?" I ask.

He looks at me and smiles. "Yeah?"

"What's your mother like?"

He raises an eyebrow. "My mom? Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering."

"Well, compared to me, she's short. She has curly, brown hair and green eyes. She is possibly the sweetest person you could ever meet." He laugh a little then continues, "She also likes to make blue food. She got remarried a couple years after I found that I'm a demigod. You would have to meet her. Maybe you can visit once school starts back."

I smile and say, "That sounds like a great idea." I look out at the road we leave behind, the dream stuck in my head. Could it really be Sally Jackson that was in my dream?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N):

Hey everyone! So even though that finals are coming up, I decided to be nice and update. I always ask how you guys think, and I never get answered :'( but people keep reading it, so I will keep writing. Can somebody other than my boyfriend actually tell me its good, though? That would be great.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

Love,

Maryjane <3