Burying The Hatchet

Jessie's POV

TAP. TAP. TAP.

I am jolted awake by the tapping on my window. It takes me a moment to realize where I'm at. The Poseidon cabin. I sigh in relief to know that I wasn't at Nyx's palace (which I have come to learn is in Tartarus). I look at the clock. 2:56. Great.

TAP. TAP. TAP.

I get up and head towards the window, tying my rat's nest of hair into a ponytail. I can manage to see Mike's--Moros's--body. He smiles a little, but it falters when he sees my death glare. He should know better than anybody to not wake me up, Especially not at three in the morning. I'm going to kill him.

I open up the window and hiss, "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? I'm trying to win you back."

"Win me back? At three in the morning? Oh, you better have a better reason than that or I swear to gods, I will wash you away in the lake."

"Let me in?"

I send him the evil eye before moving away and sitting back one the bed. Who does he think he is? I watch as he climbs through the window with such ease, and closes it. He turns to me, and smiles again then sits beside me. He takes my hand, and I, surprisingly, let him.

He looks up at me, nervously running his thumb across the top of my hand. I have to hold back a smile. I have never seen him so nervous.

"Jessica, I know that this has been hard for you to understand--with me being a god and all--but I just want you to know that it doesn't change anything. I still really like you and care for you. I think-"

I cut him off, "You think what?"

He turns away from me. "N-nothing," he stutters.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Jessica. Really. This is just difficult to say."

What's up with him? Why is he so nervous?

"Just say it. Don't worry about it. You're talking to just me."

He laughs softly, but there is no humor in it. "'Just you'? You really do not understand what you do to me."

"I'm sorry," I say, taking my hand away and turning from him slightly. This is all my fault?

That makes him turn to me and grab my hand again. I turn to look at him in the eyes. I bite my lip, trying to keep from kissing him. Wait, what?

I shake my head a little, trying to shake the thought. I hadn't kissed him since that first day we met; the day at the Parthenon. However, the though makes me smile. I drop my gaze from his eyes.

He puts a finger under my chin, making me meet his gaze. "Do not ever apologize for that. You are absolutely amazing, beautiful, sweet, kind, and loving. I wouldn't want to be with anybody else." He finishes softly, "To love somebody else."

I am absolutely speechless. He loves me? Part of me wants to run away. Part of me wants to kiss him.

"Y-y-you love me?" I ask, trying (and failing) not to stutter.

He smiles and nods, "More than anything."

I blink back the tears threatening to run down my face. I have no idea what to say or do. Kiss or run? So what do I do?

I kiss him.

The sudden bliss that takes over me is incredible. Even though this stupid, ridiculous guy woke me up, I am now wide awake. I am loving every second of this.

Our lips move in sync for what feels like forever. He starts to lay me down on the bed, but he lays beside me instead of getting on top of me. He pulls away from the kiss, making me whine a little at the sudden loss of his soft lips.

He chuckles and wraps his arms around me, planting a kiss on my forehead. "Goodnight, Angel."

"Goodnight."

We cuddle into each other more, and fall asleep.

-------(The Next Morning)-------

"WHAT IN HADES IS GOING ON HERE!"

The sudden yell from Percy makes me fall off the bed with a loud thump.

"What the hell, Perce?" I ask, groaning.

"Mike, or whatever your name is, get out! You are not taking advantage of my sister!"

I throw a pillow at Percy, but he just hits it away as he keeps yelling at Mike. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I throw my hairbrush at his head, finally getting him to shut up.

I stand up and rush Percy out of the room, closing the door behind us. "What is your problem?" I ask harshly.

"What was that? I thought you hated him. He lied to you, to all of us."

"I don't care. I love him, Percy," I say with pleading eyes.

"He isn't one of us. He isn't a hero."

"Can't we all be heroes?"

He looks at me, shocked. Several emotions pass through his face, but all I recognize is pain; which makes me really want to hug him, but I stand my ground.

My door opens and Mike steps out. He mutters, "Sorry," and tries to leave, but I stop him. I hug him tightly, looking at Percy.

"Don't you love Annabeth more than anything or anybody?" He nods.

"Then accept my decision on who I love. There are more worrying things that are happening anyway. With Chaos rising, we can't create chaos here. That will just make it easier for him to control us like he did with Zeus."

"You're right. Seems as if you're turning into Annabeth," Percy says, cracking a smile.

"Now, onto more personal things. Summer is coming to a close. You'll be going home, which I understand, but what am I supposed to do? Just stay here? I live all the way back in Tennessee," I say.

Mike's arms tighten around me and I smile.

"Well, it's really up to you, Jessie."

"When are you leaving?"

"By the end of the week."

"I'll let you know what I decide before you go."

Percy nods, "Stay out of trouble, you two."

I laugh a little, "Of course, Perce."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N)

This book is starting to come to a close. I will be writing another one after it, so be sure to keep reading. The next one will probably have a bit more twists and turns (which I hope wont get confusing), along with more fight scenes.

Vote, Comment, and Share. If you people have any suggestions on POVs I should do, monsters to fight, characters to add in, etc, just let me know.

Love you,

-Maryjane<3