Part 2: Hello

Hello, it's me

I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet

To go over everything

They say that time's supposed to heal ya

But I ain't done much healing

It's been two years. You were single again and you finally thought that you would be able to live a happy life. But that couldn't happen could it? One day, you were going through your things that you hadn't unpacked since your move. As you picked up a box, something caught your eye. Setting down the box, you pulled out the object and tears prickled at the corners of your eyes.

It was picture of you and Klaus, at a party that was held at the Mystic Grill. You were smiling into the camera but he was staring down at you with a smile on his lips. The picture reminded you of how it used to be and how much you missed him. So you went over to your desk and picked up your phone. Scrolling to his number, you clicked on it and listened to his voicemail.

'Time to make the call that could make or break what we had.'

Hello, can you hear me

I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be

When we were younger and free

I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There's such a difference between us

And a million miles

Holding the phone to your ear, you began talking.

"Hey Nik. It's me. I doubt your gonna get this message but I decided to give it a shot. I'm living in Cali now. Yeah I decided to give it a shot like I always said I would God, I miss you. I've tried so hard to get over you or at least distract myself, but you are just always there. You and that stupid smirk that I hate. But I guess it is what it is yeah? I don't even know why I'm calling right now; I guess I just needed to hear your voice. So, if you get this just know that, I didn't forget you. And I doubt I ever could."

The beep cut off your message and you ran a hand down your face. You hated what thinking about him did to you, but not thinking about him would hurt way more.

Hello from the other side

I must have called a thousand times

To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done

But when I call you never seem to be home

It was the late afternoon on New Orleans. Nik sat downstairs in the compound watching his daughter, Hope, play with her toys. He was finally happy, having defeated his enemies and making peace between the vampires, witches and wolves. But yet, there was still a small part of him that long for companionship and while he did have occasional flings with women, there was only one person for him. He sighed and shook his head. He thought about you way too much. Suddenly, his phone buzzed in his pocket. He checked and saw that he had a voicemail.

He pressed play and brought the cellphone to his ear to listen to it. And when he heard your voice, his breath hitched in his throat. Hearing this, Hope waddled over to her father and tugged on his pant leg. The little girl held her arms up so her father could pick her up. She looked at him and asked him who was on the phone. With tearful eyes, he smiled fondly at her and told her that it was just a friend and she would get to meet her soon.

Sooner than anybody knew.

Hello from the outside

At least I can say that I've tried

To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart

But it don't matter it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore

Hello, how are you

It's so typical of me to talk about myself I'm sorry

I hope that you're well

Did you ever make it out of that town where nothing ever happened

It's no secret that the both of us

Are running out of time

"Hi sweetheart. I won't lie to you; I've missed you so much. I tried so long to get in touch with you but, I never could. I'll admit that I tried to get to get over you using women but it never quite helped. Every time I saw someone who looked like you, I couldn't help to think about what happened to you. So I take it you got out of that town, yeah? Good for you. I left because of a few reasons that you did but I think mine were a bit more ominous. But I got my city back and now I'm rambling about myself. But anyway, I've decided, that no matter what happens, I will make you my queen, no matter how long it takes. But anyway, I'll see you soon yeah?"

Hello from the other side

And Nik kept his promise. A week after your correspondence, you came home to find him on your porch, with roses, and a little blond girl that was hiding behind his leg. You were shocked at first, but eventually, the pair tugged at your heartstrings and made you glad that you had picked up the phone and made the call that could've made or broken what you had.

__________

So this is part 2, as requested.

And thank you so much for all the votes and comments, it makes me really happy that you would actually take time to read my book.

I love you all.

-Zoe

ALSO; The Big Bang Theory or Bones? Comment which one you like the most.

Republished:20 May 2017