Last Love {Klaus}

You growled as yet another rabbit managed to escape you. Stefan chuckled and walked up behind you. He swung an arm around you and you two walked back to the Salvatore house. All the way he kept telling you that it would take a while for you to get used to your new vampire lifestyle but you were too frustrated to listen properly. When you got to your new home, Damon immediately came to your side and dangled a blood bag with human blood in front of you. You glared at him before grabbing it and sitting on the couch. You failed to notice the other people in the room when you walked in. They chuckled at your actions and you glared at them too.

"Oh, shut up." They only chuckled before turning back to their conversation. Well, most of them did. One set of eyes stayed on you for longer than most and continued to look at you throughout the night. He never spoke to you though; he knew how much you despised him. But even so, every once in a while your eyes met and you would stare into each other's eyes before paying attention to whomever was speaking.

__________

For the next few weeks you two saw each other on multiple occasions but you would always end up making no contact. And if you did make any contact, it was minimal and vulgar. You often ended up insulting each as you both had extremely sharp tongues. That all changed in one night.

It was late, and you were one of the last people in the Mystic Grille. You had a drink in hand that you were slowly sipping. You didn't even have to turn to know he was there. The aura that he carried with him was intense and looming but when you were turned, it became worse. You asked most of your friends if they felt the same way but they replied with a no every time. You couldn't understand it but it would soon become clear.

He sat down next o you and ordered a drink. You sat there for a while in silence before you became fed up. You turned to him and he looked up at you with raised eyebrows.

"What is it? What is this? This feeling I get every time I see you. It's so annoying, every time you look at me, I feel like there's thousands of butterflies in my stomach and I hate it. And when I touch you get these tingles in my body and I can't seem to stop it. I just, I can't, ugggh. God." You grunted and swung back your drink. Niklaus chuckled next to you and you looked at him with confused eyes. He leaned over and ran his thumb down your cheek. You shivered at the contact and leaned in closer to him. He brushed his lips over yours and sat back but still holding a hand on your leg.

"I knew it," began Niklaus while he shook his head "For a thousand years I've waited to find my mate and now I have. I know that we have had our fair share of fights in the past but we will get over it because no matter what, no matter how many great loves you have in your life, I intend to be your last."

__________

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish you guys the best year that's possible and that you enjoy and live out everything you set out for the year.

Anyways, send in requests, I'm doing all of them because I intend to be happy and nice for the rest of the year (I'm talking so much shit but who cares). So yeah.

I love all of you weirdoes!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Zoe

Republished:20 May 2017