Kid{Marcel}

Your day started out really crap.

The alarm that you had set didn't go off and you were already 45 minutes late when you finally woke up. And to make matters worst, your 3 year old son Malachi had decided to make himself food. So you came into the kitchen to find it covered in milk and cereal and Malachi sitting with his little plastic bowl in front of the tv.

You were starting to teach him how to make breakfast already and he knew where everything was. So with a hungry stomach and a sleeping mom, He took matters into his own hands.

You didn't even have the energy to scold him so you just shook your head and cleaned it up as fast as you could. 

"Come on Chai. We have to go." you yelled a very fast-paced half an hour later. Your babysitter had failed to show up and the normal daycare that Chai went to was closed.

You only had one option left.
__________

"Okay so he knows when he needs to eat and he'll tell you. Just show him the bathroom and he'll go himself. Uhm and if he gets fussy just-" Marcel put his hands on your shoulders and stopped your rambling.

"Y/N, I've looked after him before. And I know the drill. Now go." he said as he gently nudged you out of his apartment. You went on your way with a last wave to Chai, who was already too enthralled in the multiple toys that Marcel had for him.

"Well this is going to be an interesting day."
__________

Nobody in their right mind could've ever imagined they would see Marcel Gerard walking around with a kid next to him. But, oh how wrong they were.

After 3 hours, a child tended to get very board. So after a tantrum, and a ball to the face, Marcel was walking down the quarter with Chai holding his hand. The 3 year old now had on a rather unnecessarily expensive pair of Spider-Man sunglasses and an equally unnecessarily ice cream cone in his hand. He looked quite adorable.

Then there was Marcel. He didn't want to admit it, but he had a soft spot for the child. Also maybe for you. It was part of his life's mission to impress little Chai so that he could impress you.

So they walked through town to the cute café that you owned and walked in to see you working behind the counter. Your eyes widened and you finished up with a customer before handing over the position to someone else.

"Hello baby boy!" you said as you saw them and your son ran up to you.

"Momma! Uncle Marcy got me sunglasses, and ice cream," he said excitedly and showed you. You giggled and looked up at Marcel. He was watching the two of you with admiration in his eyes.

"So I take it you two had a good day?" you asked and he smiled while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah. Uh hey, can I ask you something?" he looked at the child in your arms and motioned to a table in the corner,"In private?"

"Uh sure," you said and you sent Chai off to the little space you had set up for kids. The two of you went over and sat at the table.

"So what's up?" you asked and he messed with his ring while avoiding eyes contact.

"I was just wondering if you would maybe like to have dinner with me?" you looked up in surprise and opened your mouth then closed it again.

"It depends," you eventually dragged out and he nodded his head.

"Yeah, anything,"

"Will Chai approve?" you said and grinned mischievously at him. He smiled a mega-watt smile at you.

"I guess we'll have to find out," he said and you walked over to where Chai was playing with the stray toys. "Hey kid?" said marcel and the little boy looked up at him.

"Yes?" you took a deep breath and chose your words carefully.

"Would you mind if Uncle Marcel was around more often?" you asked and he hummed slightly.

"Like a dad?" your eyes went wide and you failed to find an answer. But luckily Marcel jumped in. 

"Yeah, like a dad," you sucked in a deep breathe and looked at the amazing man next to you.

"I think that would be okay," said your little boy but then he raised up little finger,"But only if you buy me ice cream."

Marcel smiled a brilliant smile and grabbed the little boys finger, pretending to bite it. He let go and look over at you again. You couldnt help but get lost in the prospect of you actually becoming a family. You had liked him for so long and he was your rock as well as your son's.

"So how about that date?"
__________

Republished:20 May 2017