Meetings {Matt}

New town? Check. New school? Check. New friends? Not so much. Your family had just moved from your town to Mystic Falls and you weren't exactly excited. All day, you had been packing and organising and you had started getting hungry. You grabbed your keys and jacket and jogged down the stairs. You entered the kitchen to see your parents sitting at the island drinking wine. Your mum looked at you curiously.

"Where are you off to bug?" asked your mom. You shrugged and walked over to kiss them bye.

"Just gonna go explore. Maybe find somewhere to eat." She nodded and you were off. You drove around the town for a while until you came across a place called the 'Mystic Grille'. There were a lot of cars and you guessed that it was an eatery. You got out of the car and entered the establishment. A few heads turned and you knew that they were talking about you because you were new to town. Walking over to a table, you sat and waited for someone to come and serve you.

"Hi!" you turned and saw a blond- haired, blue-eyed boy. You smiled at him and his eyes slightly widened as he saw you. He coughed a little to cover up his amazement. "What, uh, can I get for you?" you hummed a little.

"What would you recommend? I just got into town so I don't really know what's good..." you trailed off. The guy fumbled to get his notepad out of his apron and he read off the day's special.

"Yeah I think I'll have that then." You handed him the menu that was on your table with a smile. "I'm y/n by the way." He stuttered and stuck out his hand to you, nearly hitting you in the face.

"Uh, uh, I'm Matt. Uh, Matt Donovan."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Matt Donovan." He nodded and walked away with his head held down. He gave the order to the cook and went over to where his friends were sitting. Caroline immediately hit him on the back of the head.

"What was that?! You totally like her and you're over there acting like an idiot." He sighed and rolled his head back grunting.

"Go for it Matt. Ask her out. What's the worst that could happen?" said Caroline enthusiastically. Elena looked at her in disbelief. "The hot new girl in town could break his heart into a million pieces." Caroline glared at her.

"Stop being such a pessimist. Go Matt."He shook his head and went to fetch your food. Taking deep breaths, Matt braced himself and walked back to your table. He put the food down on the table.

"Here's your food. Enjoy." He spoke quickly and walked away, only to see Caroline motioning for him to go back. He spun back around and cleared his throat. You looked up at him with a mouth full of lettuce. You swallowed and nodded your head.

"Well, uhm, I was thinking. And don't take this the wrong way, I know you just got into town but would you maybe want to go out sometime?" you just looked at him and stuttered out "Yeah, sure."

You had to admit that he was nice and, that maybe, this new town wouldn't be so bad after all.

__________

REQUEST.

Well. So, I'm severely bored at this point. And I've gotten to the point that I'm actually watching Phineas and Ferb. Ain't no better inspiration right?

Love you all

-Zoe

P.S; OUR WHOLE UNIVERSE WAS IN A HOT DENSE STATE THEN NEARLY FOURTEEN BILLION YEARS AGO IT'S VENGENCE STARTED, WAIT.

Republished:20 May 2017