Better {Alaric}

It was a normal night. Things had been awfully quiet in Mystic Falls, which you thought was strange, but you appreciated it. You were able to be at home and relax after work, not being near-death and coming home at ungodly hours. But the best thing was that you got to spent more time with your fiancé, Alaric.

So here you were, just the two of you alone at home and ready for your date night. Elena and Jeremy insisted that they stay out for the night let you guys 'get your groove on' according to Jeremy. So now you two were in the kitchen, making dinner and it was going well. Alaric was stirring the food in the pot as you chopped up the ingredients. Every once in a while, he would walk up to you and press his face in your neck and then make stupid jokes, which would make you laugh and that made him very happy.

At the moment, you were throwing the chopped up onions into the pot and Alaric was leaning against the counter with his wine glass watching you, or so you thought. Little did you know, his eyes were now a darker shade and he was standing almost directly behind you with a knife in hand. And when you turned around, you gasped in pain as it went through your stomach.

You looked into his eyes one last time before falling to the ground. Then everything went black.

__________

When you woke next, you were met with a white ceiling and a beeping in your ear. You slowly peeled your eyes open and looked around to find that you were in a hospital room. You weren't sure how you got there, but when Alaric walked in, it all came back to you. That was when you lost it.

Your heart sped up causing your monitor to speed up. Damon came speeding into the room and looked at the situation before walking over to you. He pulled you up and into a hug, trying to calm you down and explain what happened. You listened, but you still hesitated when he asked if you would talk to your fiancé. He slowly approached you, making sure to keep his face stoic as he sat next to your bed. But in his eyes, the pain was clear. You both knew that it wasn't really his fault but the fact that it was done in his body still hurt. You sat playing with your fingers as you waited for him to speak. He cleared his throat and moved closer to you.

"Y/N," he started and you finally mad eye-contact. "I'm so sorry my darling. I know it is no excuse to blame this thing inside of me but I really can't stand to think that I actually did this. God, I hate it. I hate myself for this." He said that more to himself, but it affected you all the same. You grabbed his hand and ran your thumb over the back of it.

"Hey,hey. I know how this seems right now and I know it's gonna take a lot but we will get through this no matter what, alright?" he looked you in the eyes before pulling you in for a hug. He kissed your forehead and whispered how much he loved you.

Oh yeah, you were definitely going to be just fine.

__________

I'm such trash.

No but I'm so tired because I've been up for three days straight but I can't fall asleep. And am I the only one who thinks that Alaric is so unappreciated? Because fff, he's not just Elena and Jeremy's fvcking guardian. Oh no, I'm getting aggressive. That's my cue to leave.

Love you all

-Zoe

Republished:20 May 2017